Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
julz_d

What system(s) did you get DOOM on?

I got my copy is a digital download from the Xbox one store. As far as system goes it was really the only option going with Xbox for me. So far the game runs really nice and looks really nice after a few minor installation problems.

I got an Xbox Physical copy, i really wish i could play it on PC, but my budget and life priorities don't allow me a new PC (at least not for some months... or maybe a year).

I Pre-ordered the Digital Steam copy, I'm also thinking about buying the Season Pass if Summer sale discounts will come this June :P .

PC...

But my buddies got it for Xbox one & ps4 as well. Thought there would be massive graphical and framerate differences between my ultra high-end PC and their console, but there really isn't, especially from the distance you'd normally sit from a TV playing a console.

Looks and runs beautifully across all systems.

I could play it on ps4 but without a mouse I....just....cannot..... Tried with Wolfenstein the new order but after two hours of gameplay my head started shaking. After years of ut and quake my eyes were expecting a movement dictated by the mouse and they were always seeing the wrong frame. It's like being called from behind and can't turn around because you have a neck brace.
Saving my money for a new laptop just for dOOm (and COD4 remastered....ehm)

The way they did the Xbox control seems to flow pretty well. At least that's my initial impression.

julz_d said:

The way they did the Xbox control seems to flow pretty well. At least that's my initial impression.

Not talking about flow, wolfenstein was really fluid and responsive. Its about how the analog works and the whole acceleration thing instead of an istant movement. Imagine if you couldn't move your eyes from left to right in a fraction of a second, and the movement will take more than a second instead... Less time to react and compensate errors, and less time to aim after a 180 degree turn

riky_rice said:

Not talking about flow, wolfenstein was really fluid and responsive. Its about how the analog works and the whole acceleration thing instead of an istant movement. Imagine if you couldn't move your eyes from left to right in a fraction of a second, and the movement will take more than a second instead... Less time to react and compensate errors, and less time to aim after a 180 degree turn

Someone posted a few days ago that the consoles do have mouse and keyboard support. The thing is there was no reference and I don't know where to tell you to look.

julz_d said:

Someone posted a few days ago that the consoles do have mouse and keyboard support. The thing is there was no reference and I don't know where to tell you to look.

Yep, I have been acquainted for years but unfortunately the landscape hasn't changed, the "mouse acceleration" still persist. It is probably related to the source code in the console operating system. As the analog is unplayable without acceleration, as the mouse doesn't "feel" right with the acceleration turned on

riky_rice said:

Yep, I have been acquainted for years but unfortunately the landscape hasn't changed, the "mouse acceleration" still persist. It is probably related to the source code in the console operating system. As the analog is unplayable without acceleration, as the mouse doesn't "feel" right with the acceleration turned on

Oh yes mouse acceleration yeah never was a fan of that either. Is it the same on Xbox as PS4?

julz_d said:

Oh yes mouse acceleration yeah never was a fan of that either. Is it the same on Xbox as PS4?

As far as I know the concept of "mouse acceleration" was born when the FPS genre came on console, specifically with the games that used the ironsight

Xbox One and PC. I might buy another xbox one and another copy of doom for friends and family to play co-op.

Preordered for the digital PC version. The unpacking took probably about half (a exaggeration, but it did take quite a long time) the time it took to download the game.

I got it on Xbox One, my PC cannot run newer games too well. It will be a few years until I'm able to upgrade my hardware components.

PC, sailing on ultra settings, loving every blood-soaked second of it too.

Use3D said:

PC, sailing on ultra settings, loving every blood-soaked second of it too.