Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

All the work that went into the MP maps...

Could have gone into making more SP maps.

Seriously, they are beautiful, varied and quite different from the SP maps.

Perdition for example is an underground Hell map that has trees made of fleshy bark and piles of deal humans inside them. Looks like Doom 64 honestly.

The mediocre MP does not deserve such beautiful maps.

And maybe they were reused environmental themes cut from the main game? We'll never know, game development doesn't exactly work like some kind of character creator point system, you know. Things not existing doesn't immediately make something else better.

Jaxxoon R said:

And maybe they were reused environmental themes cut from the main game? We'll never know, game development doesn't exactly work like some kind of character creator point system, you know. Things not existing doesn't immediately make something else better.

That is a possbility!

Still, they are beautiful. Except Disposal, it looks kind of bland.

I may be missing something here. But I found the SP maps to be way more detailed and pretty than the MP maps. In fact most MP maps (not all) just look like high quality snapmap levels.

DooM_RO said:

Could have gone into making more SP maps.

Seriously, they are beautiful, varied and quite different from the SP maps.

Perdition for example is an underground Hell map that has trees made of fleshy bark and piles of deal humans inside them. Looks like Doom 64 honestly.

The mediocre MP does not deserve such beautiful maps.

It's funny people complain about the "outsourced" and "lazy" multiplayer so much when Marty mentioned in the Gamespot stream that Certain Affinity worked on Maps and the progression systems... so the actual design of the multiplayer was id Software all along.

I also don't see why people are surprised by the way this game plays, the writing was on the wall when they made all those changes to Quake Live for the Steam release.

The weapon load-outs were for console players (It's not like you can implement a slow motion wheel in multiplayer) so I guess ID felt it was necessary to do that.