Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

doom the great

i have been doing it old school as well as with ports. i enjoy useing a 486 to doom on. plus it make the game seem more enjoyable when i play every weekend, keep the 486 at dad's. I have ports on all my current systems. anyway i have discovered that the enemies tent to be more difficult on the ports, perhaps cause the AI code was cleaned up and reworked. also cause the ports have been cleaned up and features have been added. over the years i have tried doom on many systems. but a few things have bother me, doom in CGA cause i have never seen that, very slow doom( like on a 20-MHz 386SX.
i have even got as far as to make doom start up at boot, on the 486.
anyway what have u done with doom, wondered about doom

I play Doom on either :

200 mhz
62 mb ram
shitty sound card/vid card

or

P4 1.6 ghz
256mb ram
GeForce 4 TI 4600
SB LIVE!

Oh and my GBA now ^_^

Sephiroth said:

... i play every weekend, keep the 486 at dad's.

So you don't play it anymore?
Since...

Sepiroth spouted:i have basicly told him that he is no longer welcome around me, any of my friends, or future children.

Sephiroth said:

..anyway i have discovered that the enemies tent to be more difficult on the ports, perhaps cause the AI code was cleaned up and reworked...

This certainly seems to be true, it can be quite subtle but after a while I've certainly noticed a difference.
Lately I've played on my ma's Dell466 66Mhz and Doom runs very well on it...no problem.Quite surprising because with everything else it's crap.She's become quite addicted.:)