Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

I really miss some Doom 3 monster designs in new Doom

Commando, Pinky, Imp, Lost Soul, Cyberdemon - those Doom 3 designs were just the best. No new Doom monster looks as cool imo.

on the contrary, every Doom 3 monster looked like some kind of generic alien creature, what with all that space gray and faded flesh on them.

Hard to beat the Classic design in my opinion.

Based on the skin color, he looks Latino, can't tell if that's supposed to be facial hair or just blood. XD

Doom 1 and 2 monster design were so cool and iconic. Same with sounds and music too. Miss it for sure with doom 3 and 4.

Only good demon redesign in Doom 3 is the Mancubus. Everything else is forgettable fucking shit.

Almonds said:

Only good demon redesign in Doom 3 is the Mancubus. Everything else is forgettable fucking shit.

Eh, I sort of thought the face on it was a little to eldritch abomination and less of a demon (though the newer one has a face that has the issue of looking more alien/like a baby cacodemon).

I agree with the OP, especially when it comes to the Mancubus, Pinky and Lost Soul. It would have been awsome to see new designs based on them combined with the new aesthetic and more vibrant colors of the game.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

In a so-cheesy-it's-awesome way, yeah. Freaking tentacle Nazi Rambo from hell :p

The Doom 3 commando sure was a iconic design, they even payd homage to it in Serious Sam 2: http://serioussam.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Soldier

Eh, the most baffling thing to me is why Arch-viles are now called Summoners. Love the redesign, 'love' what they do in combat. It's just a strange decision given the multitude of consistencies, throwbacks and references.

The Hell knight and Imp faces were nightmare fuel.
This doesn't look generic to me at all

Although the color looks kinda bland

Jet1337 said:

Too sleepy to decide which one's better.

when you look for the eyes and you see just holes, that's pretty frightening

Caine said:

dont tell me this is looking frightening/great or whatever, this looks like a kid would have drawn it in a kindergarden with the baby face...

Wowowowowo calm down, we're not talking about who has the bigger d*** here (or are we?). Tastes are tastes. If you like big horns and lazer eyes that's totally ok, I respect your opinion

riky_rice said:

Wowowowowo calm down, we're not talking about who has the bigger d*** here (or are we?). Tastes are tastes. If you like big horns and lazer eyes that's totally ok, I respect your opinion

look at the mouth!?!?
this looks like a unity generic horrorenemy...

Caine said:

look at the mouth!?!?
this looks like a unity generic horrorenemy...

It was designed between 2000 and 2004 sooo.. I would say it looks like a generic Doom 3 horrorenemy

Chickensoup101 said:

i kinda like the Doom 4 creature design more than Doom 3's

But you have Doom 3's HK Avatar ;)

riky_rice said:

But you have Doom 3's HK Avatar ;)

Shut up... I- it's not like i hate Doom 3 creature design or something... B- BAKA!!! ( > A <)