Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

NERF must really like their DOOM....

OK, is it just me, or do NERF really try to build a connection with Doom with some of their latest products? First there was the pretty obvious "Doominator Zombie Strike":

Let's see...obvious "Doom" reference in the name, crates, barrels, zombies, E1M1-like music, suspiciously green armor...yup, somebody was trying to get a reference in there, but without crossing the line.

But what about NERF DOOMlands?!

OK, this one has a more "Mad Max"-like/post-apocalyptic theme, but it wouldn't be hard to imagine Doomguy in the uh...Nerf-Doomguy's clothes. At least they share the green armor ;-)

Lol, thank you for this Maes; that was pretty funny. Someone needs to give the head of that advertising department a raise. Gotta love the simplicity of the Doom-themed, mad max-inspired Doomlands with its epic hero, the Doomlander. I wonder if there can only be one...?

If that's the case, then any kids that meet any other kids with the same toy need to battle to the death in order to absorb the other one's nerf darts into their collection. Maybe that's "episode 2."

Also,

4 6-dart rotating drums firing 24 darts

Jesus Christ where was that when I was a kid? I remember thinking that the little wooden rubberband shooter shaped like a Tommy gun that my cousin had was sweet...

WAD idea: Doom the Way Nerf'd Do It

Episode 1: Knee-Deep in the Nerf
Episode 2: The Darts of Hell
Episode 3: In-foam-o

Splatter said:

WAD idea: Doom the Way Nerf'd Do It

Episode 1: Knee-Deep in the Nerf
Episode 2: The Darts of Hell
Episode 3: In-foam-o

Kinda reminds me of a joke my bro and I used to have 20 years ago, where we had a crapload of packing foam that we'd build forts out of, until we finally just started throwing it at each other. We called it "FOOM: Knee-Deep in the Ammo."

....These are the things we came up with back when I was 7.