Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellVain

The part where you get the crucible made me emotional...

Spoiler

the part where his old buddies saluted him as if telling him " You can do it, You can save them" opposing to olivia's "You could never of have saved them anyway" earlier. Parts where soldiers see thier fallen comrades in movies and games really makes me emotional.

BluePineapple72 said:

This game really has some fucking cool moments

Spoiler

the final argent tower battle and VEGA's T2 moment come to mind

Yeah, as opposed to the classic's lack of in depth story...this game suprisingly has one hell of a lore and story elements. Ithas it's moments, very menorable to me. And the sowrd...the fucking tging was doom slayer'ss sword all along!

LANEGRACABRA said:

Doomguy also took a backup of VEGA! The AI was the only "person" he actually respected somewhat.

Yeah, hey wait, you don't suppose VEGA will have something to do qith his reawakening in a sequel(if made) do you? I mean VEGA sort of becomes an ally, Maybe hayden brings back vega and he betrays hayden by letting out doom slayer.

HellVain said:

Spoiler

the part where his old buddies saluted him as if telling him " You can do it, You can save them" opposing to olivia's "You could never of have saved them anyway" earlier. Parts where soldiers see thier fallen comrades in movies and games really makes me emotional.

When Hayden tethered me back at that part, I thought, "Dude, no! I'm hanging out with my bros!!!"

BluePineapple72 said:

I think iD is going to pull a cortina with VEGA, that is him being a friendly AI companion to do AI shit

LANEGRACABRA said:

Doomguy also took a backup of VEGA! The AI was the only "person" he actually respected somewhat.

Yeah I noticed he made a backup. I bet Vega will be installed into the suit and continue to act as an advisor and guide. There are definitely small hints everywhere for a sequel.

And people say id is not known for their stories. That's all BS! Every id game has a story that simply fits within game's paradigm.

The game has "Doom II" as a successor written all over it!

Spoiler

The crucible - as told - actually absorbs all the power of the well, the origin of Argent Energy/Hell Energy (from the Wraiths). And it now is in the hands of Hayden, who is only interested in restarting the whole shit show.

VEGA is backed up (why would they include this if it isn't important).

Doomguy will end up somewhere in hell (as he is tethered back at the end), either for Phobos/Deimos DLCs (which I doubt, since the Season Pass doesn't mention any SP DLCs), or for another installment.

To be honest, and please quote (and/or hate me for that): in my book, they can pull a Call of Duty this time. Simply take the current engine, the current game mechanics, add new (also new setting) maps, continue the story, add couple of new enemies, new bosses, new weapon mods, and call it Doom 2, and release it two years from now.

Integrate it with current SnapMap (so new rooms and stuff)...I'll pre-order day one

tuo said:

To be honest, and please quote (and/or hate me for that): in my book, they can pull a Call of Duty this time. Simply take the current engine, the current game mechanics, add new (also new setting) maps, continue the story, add couple of new enemies, new bosses, new weapon mods, and call it Doom 2, and release it two

I'd personally prefer it if they pulled an Old Blood/Resurrection of Evil and created a large stand-alone expansion that used cut content from the main game along with a ton of new things in order to continue the story, expand upon certain mechanics and mend any shortcomings, along with featuring more exploratory maps like Foundry and new, completely different environments (snow/verdant, please!).

Games cool, story was neat, I thought the character design was cool. Nothing emotional or story wise that moved me or get me pumped up though.

I completed the game last night, it was amazing. I really liked how in the final boss fight you stuck a BFG in the Spider Mastermind's mouth and obliterated it from the inside.

DoomGuy2013 said:

I completed the game last night, it was amazing. I really liked how in the final boss fight you stuck a BFG in the Spider Mastermind's mouth and obliterated it from the inside.

Exactly how I pictured the first time I killed the mastermind in Ultimate Doom. I love it!