Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreamphaser

Monster Restrictions & Doors

I've seen that theres a player blocking structure, but i'm having trouble
containing the monsters. I don't want them to roam 2 modules far. Is there a
way to refrain them from going into other modules ?

I wanted to do that by letting the door close behind me, but also here i don't
see what needs to happen to keep the door closed.

I start with the door open in the first module, then when u kill the monsters the
second door opens. i can have the first door closed as well but it doesn't stay closed.
It will open when u come near.

I don't feel that i completely understand the base logic in those strings.

The only way to make certain monsters stay contained is to either use the spawners with lockdowns (although even that is bugged) or manually lock doors closed (so they are locked to you as well).

This is among one of the most basic things that are missing from snapmap. There is a player block volume but not one for monsters. What the actual fuck.

Good luck manually locking unlocking all your doors each time you want to contain a custom fight. Ive been doing that for the past few hours (yawn).

thanks but that's not what i'm looking for. I'm trying to prevent players and monsters
to go back too far, so once u've reached a certain point doors should remain locked behind u.

Dreamphaser said:

thanks but that's not what i'm looking for. I'm trying to prevent players and monsters
to go back too far, so once u've reached a certain point doors should remain locked behind u.

a bit of logic chain can do that pretty easy actually. You can have a trigger the would send a signal to Lock said door, then branch off of that to despawn enemies in that modular. If you tell us a little more specifically what you want to do I'd be glad to try and help you with the logic chain and such.

Oh cool, yeah i'll tell u.

What i'm doing is:

player spawns,
enters first room and 1 demon appears. when u kill it the door behind him opens,
and the next batch of demon spawn in the new room. on every occasion (so far)
i want the door to only open when all demons are killed. (i'm manually selecting
demons so i'm not using a spawner.)

what i would like to do is also closing the door that seals of the room behind me.(permanently)

so the problem i'm having is that when i'm spawning imps, they sometimes roam
too far and u will have to run after it to maybe a few rooms back. that's what
i'm trying to avoid. so i'd like to close the doors from the completed room
behind you so they won't be able to roam that freely. I found a way to close it
but then the issue arrives that when u come near the door it sill opens.

Have you tried restricting the imp movement by using the AI combat or pathing function? If it's not too large, that should work.