Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NodEliteX5

Do you guys think that the next patch will fix the game's main issues?

I've been hearing alot of good things about the game so far except for a few things like certain issues with snapmap not having public matchmaking for co-op and versus, not enough options and tools, no weapon wheel for SP levels etc. With all those important issues, Id software and Bethesda has to fix these with a free update right? I have faith that the game will get better, it has to.

I'm leaning towards a yes, they will add more polish and requested features. Lots of time and money clearly went into this game and I believe they knew what sort of responses and requests they could expect even before releasing the game (with exception to the MP beta). Besides, they already announced that they're planning to release free Snapmap content in addition to paid DLC along the way. And many of us are assuming a new Doom or possibly a new Quake is coming next.

If I were to guess, I would say Snapmap did have lots of time put into it but all the options and features were a bit last minute and rushed, resulting in an incomplete and somewhat buggy system. Also I'm assuming the classic Doom easter eggs got the same treatment.

If I'm not mistaken, this game got no delays from an announced release date whatsoever. A rarity for triple A games these days (except for rushed CoDs and FarCrys).

Chezza said:

I'm leaning towards a yes, they will add more polish and requested features. Lots of time and money clearly went into this game and I believe they knew what sort of responses and requests they could expect even before releasing the game (with exception to the MP beta). Besides, they already announced that they're planning to release free Snapmap content in addition to paid DLC along the way. And many of us are assuming a new Doom or possibly a new Quake is coming next.

If I were to guess, I would say Snapmap did have lots of time put into it but all the options and features were a bit last minute and rushed, resulting in an incomplete and somewhat buggy system. Also I'm assuming the classic Doom easter eggs got the same treatment.

I wonder if they will add any other toggleable options aside from the ones currently in the game (options for bullet decals/blood splotches/corpse limit amount/etc). DLC wise though I don't really think I will be getting any of the mp DLC (the whole thing overall would have to be tempting for that to happen), I'll likely get SP DLC if they end up releasing any (as long as it's more of an expansion type thing that at least matches up or does better than the base levels).

I'd rather a new doom came out much later in the future to at least get some free updates for snapmap and at least have them build off of the game some.

A new quake seems like it could be more possible though as something they may try to make a reboot of, though mp wise they will definitely have to do better than they did for Doom 4.

Bethesda said that they have plans for free content both for snapmap and the MP, considering the feedback, it's safe to guess that the next update is gonna address some of the serious issues (like the 2 weappon limit in snap map, and who knows, maybe an arena mp game mode).

But support for DOOM doesn’t end when the game is out. For the rest of the year, we expect to provide certain free content updates across SnapMap and multiplayer.

We know the DOOM community has always been about great user-generated content, and that’s something we want to continue to encourage with SnapMap, an innovative new component of DOOM designed to make creating, sharing and playing new game experiences fast and easy. On top of being able to access and play new modes and maps created by your fellow gamers, id plans to offer content updates for SnapMap, including map modules; props and objects; additional features and functionality; AI enhancements; editing tool enhancements and more. Multiplayer will also receive content updates in the form of new game modes. Both of these SnapMap and multiplayer updates will be free to use and play.

Source https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-open-beta-and-post-launch-content/2016/04/06/101

I'm hoping for more SP, co-op and hybrid options for snapmap in the coming updates but at least the majority of the game is superb just needs a few more tweak/fixes.

There was a 5.2 gig day 1 patch for this game when it came out, wonder what that was for.

I hope this game gets a full-fledged standalone expansion pack in the same vain as The Old Blood for Wolfenstein: The New Order. New demons, new weapons, new locations, more great decent length single player. Just like the good ol' days!

Most likely. If not now, then later. Bethesda addressed one of the people's biggest problems with fo4 besides the total lack of rpg elements by adding a true survival mode, I doubt that their parent company wouldn't urge id to do the same.