Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Big Robb

Revenents and Archviles. The hardest doom enemys.

I fucking hate Archviles and Revenents. They suck. I'm sure you all hate them too. Someone should create a map that only features Revenants and Archviles in a really cramped invironment. Jeez that would be hard as hell.

actually I love them for being the among the toughest. I got freaked out the first time I found the AV in circle of death. I panicked and got killed. first time I found the rev, I was low on hp and he just ran up and punched me once and I died.

Yeah they're tough ok but they don't suck, the mappers out there who stick 18 revenants in one room suck. The enemies themselves are cool when used sparingly and creatively.

AV's are way tougher than revenants.....but either way all u need is a corner to kill either of them without a problem

Archies aren't that tough as long as there's a wall to hide behind. It sucks when in user maps an archie's put it with a shitload of other monsters and he keeps resurrecting them, and you can never get a shot at him because of it.

Revenants are a pain in the ass through and through, though. Especially when there's more than one of them and they fire so many homing missiles the game turns from a hellpsawn-killing marathon to "run away from homing missiles like a sissy" marathon.

i find revvies pretty easy usually, but mancubi give me problems. you just have to know how to dodge the revvie shots right.

You see the map11 "HUNTED" on Plutonia ?
NEVER I COULD GET OUT ALIVE OF THIS MAP WITH 100% KILLS !!!
(in UV...)

Arch-vile fest !!!

Most annoying/dangerous enemy's the chaingunner, revs and avs rule

muncubi are easy b/c their fire ball patterens are easy to dodge and i think i must agree that chaingunners are the single biggest pain in the ass in the game especially when they are firing from windows Y_Y

Liam the Bard said:

Most annoying/dangerous enemy's the chaingunner,

I agree. Misuse of those guys can make a map unplayable very very quickly.

Yes, sniper chaingunners are very annoying and quite deadly, especially when you can't see where they are and you keep getting hit.
Revenants are blasted irritating, especially with those homing missles. Without them, they probably wouldn't be that hard.
Archviles can be very dangerous in wide open areas, but you are next to a wall or staircase or some other structure you can hide behind, you're fine. Unless you're getting bombarded by attacks from herds of other demons. In which case you're probably screwed. :P

Uh... Revenants are easy. AV's are bastards. I despise Lost Souls - they're not that tough, but tough enough to take a couple of blasts from the shotgun, and their movement pattern is just erratic and annoying. More of a pain in the ass than anything else :)

Revenants are quite easy, only two super shotgun or rocket blasts and you kill them. Also if you have a chaingun they're weak bastards.

The Arch-Viles are totaly cool if they are used properly.

The most annoying monster I think is the chainguner.

RailGunner said:

also agreed. i hated it when parsons made sniper chaingunners.

Wait until you play AP_007,I'm testing it atm.
It all depends upon the positioning of enemies, the surroundings you're in and what weapons/ammo you have at the time.
Yeah those sniper chaingunners can be a real pain for sure.
Revenants and Archviles are tough in groups and open spaces as can be SpiderMasterminds, of course.Cyberdemons are tough in narrow corridors and spaces if you can't get close with the BFG.

Pain Elementals by themselves aren't a problem, but combined with other enemies, they can be real trouble if you ignore them for too long.

Lost Souls are annoying (though swarms of them can be used to your advantage), and that makes Pain Elementals that much more annoying.

I love pain elemntals, they make the game interesting. I hate revenants though because they are often overused. Arch-viles are fun.

If used the right way, even a single Arch Vile can be harder than a bunch of Revenants, mainly because their attacks can go through other enemies to reach you, unlike any projectile attacks and even shotgun type attacks, which hit the first thing they come across.

Chaingunners... I hate them.. because they can hit you from three rooms away... then you're looking around going 'okee... where the hell is he... ... ... ow...... ...ow..... ow....... ow..... aw geez.."

heh. Some people put 2 sets of chaingunners on each side of a bridge...It's not dair dammit :P

Heh, I HATE Revenants. I never got the hang of dodging their rockets. A single Revenant is easy if you have a chaingun, though.

And yes, chaingunners can be the most annoying, but only under certain circumstances (sniper-chaingunners for instance).

I think what we can learn from this thread is that every monster in Doom is a genius of design, as each has it's own particular situations where it can be lethal. I can't think of another game where the enemies have so many opportunities for combinations in attack.

pritch said:

I think what we can learn from this thread is that every monster in Doom is a genius of design, as each has it's own particular situations where it can be lethal. I can't think of another game where the enemies have so many opportunities for combinations in attack.

agreed.

Yes, even the lowly Zombieman has its uses. Probably the most annoying thing about them is that right after you nearly die after fighting of about 20 Cacodemons and Arachnotrons, you start looking around for health, only to have some far away Zombieman finish you off.

If you have problems with the Revenants, I can't imagine you beating the horsmen War (Hexen II) :-)

pritch said:

Diablo 2

But...oh yeah...it sucks doesn't it? Nevermind then...