Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xTWx PREDATOR X

Respawning enemies

I am trying to create a a survival map with nothing but never ending imps. Trouble is i can't figure out how to do it. The standard waves option doesn't let me choose what demons i want. Is the not a way to place imps manually and then have them respawn as soon as they're killed?

xTWx PREDATOR X said:

I am trying to create a a survival map with nothing but never ending imps. Trouble is i can't figure out how to do it. The standard waves option doesn't let me choose what demons i want. Is the not a way to place imps manually and then have them respawn as soon as they're killed?

Custom group encounter?

Did have a little play with that but it seems you are limited to 12 monsters. Perhaps i could use multiple custom encounters? What i am trying to do is make a competitiive 4 player survival map. First to 100 kills using just imps. Hence why i want constantly spawning imps. And advice from you guys would be great. Learnt alot today playing around with snapmap. But still have much to learn!

xTWx PREDATOR X said:

Did have a little play with that but it seems you are limited to 12 monsters. Perhaps i could use multiple custom encounters? What i am trying to do is make a competitiive 4 player survival map. First to 100 kills using just imps. Hence why i want constantly spawning imps. And advice from you guys would be great. Learnt a lot today playing around with snapmap. But still have much to learn!

Use the custom encounters and link them so that when the 1st encounter of 12 imps is finished, it spawns the next encoutner of 12 imps, which spawns the next one upon completion, etc etc.

Either that or just have them all spawn on module entry or player spawn if it's just a 1 module kind of thing. For the later, get the spawn for 1 encounter sorted, and then link the spawn encounter object to all encounters (that way, less icons floating about). This will still spawn 12, but when space free's up, it will add more imps.

34 custom encounters with 12 imps each should be enough for any game (with 8 spare imps).

Hope this helps.