Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Does Doom 2016 have a screenshot key?

I did find out that winkey+alt+r will do video. How do you take a screenie though? Does it require a 3rd party screenshot software?

JunctionEight said:

f12 is the default key bound to screenshots.

I tried that. I hit the f12 key and my screen momentarily went "blank" but I can't find a screenshot anywhere. hmmmm. Have to keep working at it. Do you know where it saves them? Or how to change the default key binding?

Brad_tilf said:

I tried that. I hit the f12 key and my screen momentarily went "blank" but I can't find a screenshot anywhere. hmmmm. Have to keep working at it. Do you know where it saves them? Or how to change the default key binding?

Try checking here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\30551072\760\remote\379720\screenshots

chubz said:

Try checking here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\30551072\760\remote\379720\screenshots

Gotta love those nonsensical Steam screenshot folders =D

F12 works fine, it sometimes does that moment blankness, other times it doesn't but the screenshots show up.

You can always use the Print Screen key for anything on PC at any time. Then just paste it into Paint or whatever and save.

EternalWolf said:

You can always use the Print Screen key for anything on PC at any time. Then just paste it into Paint or whatever and save.

http://s32.postimg.org/j9c7co45v/doyousee.png

Uhm...not with most 3D content when in fullscreen mode (or even when in windowed/borderless) or secured digital content. It'll just be black.

Print Screen simply copies the frame buffer from the window manager into the clipboard, or when coupled with Alt, the frame buffer of the window which has the current focus.

tuo said:

or when coupled with Alt, the frame buffer of the window which has the current focus.

Holy shit.
After almost 20 years of using computers, I finally learn about this.

You SHOULD get a pop-up letting you know a screenshot's been taken (along with a sound effect) and when you exit the game a screenshot viewer will appear.