Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGamingJunkie

Anyone know a good well performing free desktop recorder?

I thought Loilo would be perfect but it keeps cutting off the audio and it's even gotten into the habit of cutting off huge chunks of the video. I figured Bandicam would be worth having to put up with the watermark and 10 minute limit but even it's been crapping out on me. Any suggestions? My OS is Windows 10 64-bit.

I second OBS. Free/Libre and Open Source, same interface on all operating systems, I love it.

For some reason, when I first used the OBS, I thought it had a woman's voice saying "Trial" over and over again. Must have just been that virtual line I attempted to use. Thanks for the suggestion! I went back to it and gave it another go and now I love it! I got through the whole recording without any video or even audio loss.

If you have a semi-recent NVIDIA card, you can get Shadowplay, which is easy to use and has almost no performance impact at all. If you have an Intel or AMD card, an old NVIDIA card, or you really hate corporations, I recommend OBS like everyone else said in this thread.