Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Favourite Doom sound?

For me, it's definitively the Baron Of Hell's death sound. It's a quite loud, rich, satisfying sound to hear, very rewarding when you finally manage to down a Baron. It's as if the Baron tries to pull a final display of strength and pride as it goes down. For a death sound, it doesn't express as much pain as it does release. It also works very well with random pitches: sometimes it's faster and higher pitched, making it sound more energic, sometimes slower and deeper, making it sound even more badass and virile.

The sound itself has an intrinsically satisfying quality: it could very well be something that YOU let out in RL after a good orgasm, a good shit, a good meal etc. or simply when collapsing on the couch after a hard day's work.

No other sound in Doom comes close to these qualities for me. A far second would be the Pinky's death sound, with associated stomp. I somehow find the pig-like snorting and the "THUD" after it satisfying, but as I said, quite a far cry (heh) from the Baron's death sound.

My favourite is when Spider Mastermind finds you. I just like it.. and it's such a rare sound to hear, because Masterminds are rarely used.

No seriously, Mastermind's notice sound really sounds like as if Mastermind says "What the hell are you doing here??" in it's own language.

What about Cyberdemon death sound? For me it's the most epic sound.
Also i like sound of SSG: Shooting and reloading. MMM... But i can't say the same about BFG9000. I more prefer sound from PSX or Doom64 because the sound of an explosion sounds there like the roar of a Jaguar :D

Revenant death sound. I am in love with this sound. Anytime I see one of these poor things I feel some joy deep down inside me. Even better if they are a few dozens and I have a RL on me.

The gibbing sound is immensely satisfying. Load NUTS.WAD, type TNTEM and you're in heaven.

Also the normal item pickup sound is great in how it is very non-intrusive but neat and happy at the same time.

The sound of gibbing is just satisfying to the ears in a sadistic way. Even better if you use your bare hands to do it.

Failing that, probably the Revenant's alert sound if I feel like hurting my ears.

The reloading sound of Super Shotgun. For some reason, it's really satisfying to hear those "click" sounds after I blow lots of zombies in one shot.

The revenant's scream, honorable mentions go to Caco's alert sound, it's hilarious to listen, that hiss, there's something in it that makes me laugh and the Baron's death sound, when i kill a Baron i laugh at it dying.

It has to be the sound of the SSG shooting and reloading.

Close second comes the death sound of an arachnotron and the sound of a former human being ripped apart by an exploding barrel.

Mancubus alert sound. I still find it a little bit scary like if you get ambushed by one from a monster closet or around the corner. Also the "heavy" zombie men death is also quite enjoyable as if they took an extra damage before they died, much like the doomguy's heavy scream although for them it's random but I like to think that it's actually final blow damage based.

I really like the Hell Knight's death sounds. I've always thought of it like "aah-wa" with a slight hint of an "r" sound for some reason. Aside from that, I used to really like the Demon death sound because my dad would do impressions of them when I was younger.

DSBOSSIT (".oremoR nhoJ ,em llik tsum uoy ,emag eht niw oT")

Also, the gib sound from Doom64 sounds WAY better than the original IMHO.

Either Doomguy or Cyberdemon dying.

Doomguy: Because it sounds awesome in Rammstein's "Wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen?"

Cyberdemon: Because you hear a mighty final roar suddenly cut off by the sound of an explosion. It's great.

Normal shotgun fire & reload.

Close runners-up are the zombie death and cat-like activation sounds.

A whole half of Doom sounds are my favorite ones, and I really can't reduce that selection to just one or a couple ones. I'll leave it at that.

the gibbing sound by far...my others include the Baron of Hell's alert roaring, the trademark door opening sound and the Cyberdemon's walking sound. scared the shit out of me back in the day!

a nice warm fuzzy memory for me was when me and my brother first saw the "bruiser bros" at the end of the 1st episode and we freaked the hell out. that moment and sound has always stuck with me ever since.

Teleport/respawn 

Edited by Guest