Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Favourite Doom sound?

SharkLordSatan said:

Cocainede- Er, I mean, Cacodemons. I find them and all of their noises adorable and I feel bad when I kill them, as deadly as they may be.

I mean, the Data Log In DOOM 2016 stated that they have limited Intelligence, so I feel bad for killing DOOM 2016's Caco.

Tritnew said:

I mean, the Data Log In DOOM 2016 stated that they have limited Intelligence, so I feel bad for killing DOOM 2016's Caco.

Indeed. They only want to give you (mouth) hugs! </3

Baron alert roar
Archvile murmur/laugh (ominous)
Item pickup sound (yep)
Gibbing
Player death sound (the screaming one)
All cyberdemon sounds
The sound of Pain Elementals dying (because fuck them)

The sound of a super shotgun blasting 12 zombies down is better than a nut especially with my bassy as fuck headphones

This was more of a sound bug, actually: in some older versions of Doom (up to v1.666 I believe) in areas with a lot of active monsters at once (especially growling pinkies), the sound mixing code would make it sound like a cacophonous, distorted cackling.

I'm quite fond of the sound of killing a few pinkies at once, it's oddly more satisfying.

The howl that the Hell Knights/Barons make when they show up always startle the shit out of me, but Doomguy's grunts of pleasure whenever you mash "Use" up against the wall will always be my favorite.

untilitdies said:

The howl that the Hell Knights/Barons make when they show up always startle the shit out of me, but Doomguy's grunts of pleasure whenever you mash "Use" up against the wall will always be my favorite.

*unf*
*unf*
*unf*
*unf*

but yeah i agree. theres nothing like mashing E a few thousand times up against a wall just to hear that lmao

the sound when you shoot the ssg. dear lord, that is one of the most satisfying video game sounds i've ever heard. it's just SO!DAMN!POWERFUL!, and it lets you FEEL how it is to shoot it. i mean, sure there is the classic zombie moan and the door sound, but none of those compare to how powerful the ssg's shooting sound is. it makes yo feel like you're actually shooting it.

Megasphere pick up:

Edited by Guest

The revenant's legendary sight sound is definitely up there. I also love the sounds when you shoot the SSG or BFG. Another good one is "oremoR nhoJ em llik tsum uoy emag eht niw ot"

This is probably weird but I think the noise the Pain Elemental makes when you shoot it is really cute. That's probably my favorite Doom sound, honestly.

Guest Unregistered account
soulweeper said:

This is probably weird but I think the noise the Pain Elemental makes when you shoot it is really cute. That's probably my favorite Doom sound, honestly.

"OW"

It's the way they say it that makes it cute. Come on, I can't be the only one who loves the Pain Elementals!

Guest Unregistered account

I know, they look cool, sound cool and they make you react differently to their projectiles.

I always liked the sound of the Cyberdemon walking, it's the perfect way to know that i'm fucked unless i do something about him. Worth mentioning: "UNF".

soulweeper said:

The face they do makes it even better.