Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Your DOOM projects

myk said:

Maonth, now I see a page, it's just that I made the common mistake of misspelling millennium when I searched for it, and also, it does not appear in the doomworld menu bar. It's a page that only shows Wildman's into story.

heh. Well. It's definitly alive.

Personal projects:
The Doom Chronicles
Doom: The Arcade Game
The Gateway Experiments, or Doesn't The Military Ever Learn?

Other projects:
Millennium
RTC-3057

Future projects:
A ZDoom level editor (using ZETH for reference) for Win32 platforms

También, soy bien porteño...
Seguro que estos salames no entienden nada de lo que decimos...

as you can see from the newstuff chronicles, Umbrella.wad has just been released

Does someone want include my DOOM 3 monster pack on his project?
I only made a level with them, and currently I'm not motivated to make another..

'The Underworld' megawad, coming in 3 bite-sized, 10-ish map episodes. EpI is finished and available at angelfire.com/goth/roomontheleft - but you need Jdoom 1.13 or later to run it.
I'm currently fiddling with Jdoom's XGdata (custom line and sector types), and working my way thru map11.

Railguner, I'll send it you this night or tomorrow, but you must tell me your e-mail address.
Also you need NWT to install it properly.

The wad is for Vanilla DOOM, it has one level based in the DOOM videos, and some new monsters, some of them are just extracted from other places, but fit very good with the atmosphere, but other are extracted from screenshots of the video, these ones are only one sided but anyway they look quite good.

My only project is Lock and Load. I'm just finishing up the new version. The new weapons release has been made, but that's about it. I will be finishing it up as quickly as possible, though.

DOM

I also have a crappy level that was my first ever that I released, but it sucks. DOM is much much better. Go check it out.

Vegeta said:

Seguro que estos salames no entienden nada de lo que decimos...

Salames! ¿Porque les llamas asi? Por cierto, te felicito por tu nivel de ingles! Muy bueno!

A new wolfensitne TC for ZDoom. I'm should be a cross between the original Wolfenstine, SOD, and Return to castle wolfenstine. I'll be releasing a DM only demo soon.

Vegeta said:

I suppose everyone here are working in at least one DOOM project, I'd like to know about them.

this pic pretty much explains an example of what I am working on.

I have some unfinished TCs/PCs at my website. I'll give you a description of each mod:

Pokestein: My first ever mod, it's a Pokemon killing mod I never finished (thank god). It was made during the time the whole Anti-Pokemon/Pokemon war happened. I just made it for purely entertainment purposes. I replaced some levels, but they were crappy, but the graphics weren't half bad IMO ('cept for the SSG 'cause I forgot to change it from the last beta). I stopped because I wasn't interested in it anymore and also because the whole mod idea turned out to be very lame.

Lizard War: My second mod. I was going to make it into a coop mod but since I never got used to making levels, I decided to make it into a graphics patch. I replaced all of the weapon sprites, most of the enemies, some graphics, and alot of the sounds. Still working on that one. Download this one, it's much better than Pokestein. The HELP pic has a picture I drew and I used a webcam to take a screenshot of it.

Truth Revealed* (*working title*): My third mod. Nothing's really happened with this one. In fact, there hasn't been any activity in that section of my site, there aren't any downloads for it yet! I just changed the weapons, sounds and added two enemies, not including the SSWolfie. I changed the TITLEPIC, but that was it. Won't do anything with that one until Lizard War is finished. (yeah right)

Aside from TCs/PCs, I made two skins; one based on the Main Hero of the game, Lizardcommando, and a PikaGuard. Here's the link to my site:
http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/enter.html

You can download my stuff. My skins are pretty good, but you can try my mods out too if you want.

I have a dehacked + weapons patch to play that coop megawads alone. It just make the ssg shoot 4 shells, the chaingun is 1.8 times faster, there is a flamer instead of the plasma, double chainsaw, double pistols, and a icbm launcher. And lots of blood. And more blood. And blood and blood and blood!!!!! The zdoom version has a railgun instead of the chainsaw, and when you shoot a monster, the blood falls in the ground, make a splurt sound and stay there for 20s.
Also some stuff for edge. Just details like ejecting shells, sparks, smoke, bloooooood ;), etc

Lobo,

Ja ja, si ya sé, no hay por que insultar, es solo una broma, si ellos son salames, yo soy el rey de los salames :-)

FFS, am I the only Doomer who can't map? I'd love to make a DM wad but my past attempts have failed miserably. I think I'll stick to the utility programming for now, not that I've even started to write one DooM utility yet, but I'm still determined. I'm only 16 by the way, so don't expect me to write anything half-decent.

That's a point: does anyone have any ideas for a very simple utility that I could write in Visual Basic (the only language I know enough of to actually write anything in)? I have a VBX file that allows me to make TCP/IP sockets, so I think I can do Internet connections, although I've never tried it. Ideas I've had in the past are a ZDaemon server launcher, for newbies, but that's already been done by other people (about a million times); and a stats recorder for csDoom/ZDaemon, which would record how many times you've fragged certain people and all sorts of other useless stuff, and it would have extra features hopefully, like private messaging (encoding stuff that only the target could decode), password protecting usernames on your own computer (so your little brother or whatever can't piss you off by using your name and ruining your stats), and maybe a user profile thing, I dunno, I thought of loads of things but I can't remember half of them now. I'll probably attempt to make that proggy when the new version of ZDaemon comes out, but I dunno if it'll work. So please send in any ideas you have and bear in mind that I probably won't be able to make it, LOL.

MaTT [TiK] said:
FFS, am I the only Doomer who can't map?

Don't worry, you're not alone when it comes to the inability to make Doom maps. I can't map for shit either. I mean, look at the maps I made. I bet they're worse then the ones you might have made.

atm, i cannot say what I am working on definitely, considering im figuring out the priorities between my 20 or so incomplete pc-tc's

BUT, ok I can say 3 projects- Stargete: Curse of Anubis ,Project Apocolypse, and Intrigue DM.

Empty site, unfinished work; at least i have something (worthless)

Lizardcommando said:

Don't worry, you're not alone when it comes to the inability to make Doom maps. I can't map for shit either.

Thank God :)

Lizardcommando said:

I mean, look at the maps I made. I bet they're worse then the ones you might have made.

Heheh, how much do you wanna bet? A million sound good?

Uh...instead of arguing about whose maps are worse, wouldn't it be a lot more productive to actually crack open an editor and become good?

Lizardcommando said:

Did you ever SEE my maps to judge them?

Actually no, but did YOU ever see MINE?

Archvile64 said:

Uh...instead of arguing about whose maps are worse, wouldn't it be a lot more productive to actually crack open an editor and become good?

LOL, sorry.

Ok, I'll try to work on my craptacular mapping skills. Maybe some experimenting and inspirations will help me make a good map. And to answer Matt's question, no... But let's put that little dispute behind us. Don't want to make that little conversation become a flamewar or something.

I just started on a new wad, and the level im half done with is the best ive ever made.....so....uhh......yea......

Vegeta said:

Lobo,
no hay por que insultar

Who's insulting? I'm serious about your level of english! It's pretty good! :-)