Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Videogame Eastereggs

Most people know all of these already...but my reason for posting is the cringeworthiness of 2:25 when the narrator explains why Romero's head is on a stick...ugghhh

My personal favorite easter egg of all time is the one in Blood where Caleb comes across a dead and hung Duke Nukem and condescendingly remarks, "Hmmm I've got time to play with you." Then if you stab him he says, "Yeahhh...shake it baby."

What are your favorites?

Is this thread about easter eggs in general or about this particular video?

If this is about the video, then i'd like to say that i don't like this channel. But i do agree that the rest of id software hated John Romero (because he was too good in deathmatch and they envyied him, obviously).

If this thread is about easter eggs in general, then..well.. i know tons of them. And i also very recommend watching channel called FunWithGuru. This guy is expert in finding eeggs and he's awesome!

ChekaAgent said:

Is this thread about easter eggs in general or about this particular video?

If this is about the video, then i'd like to say that i don't like this channel. But i do agree that the rest of id software hated John Romero (because he was too good in deathmatch and they envyied him, obviously).

If this thread is about easter eggs in general, then..well.. i know tons of them. And i also very recommend watching channel called FunWithGuru. This guy is expert in finding eeggs and he's awesome!

Screw it. Easter egg thread. Happy Easter!

Almost all easter eggs I've ever seen in games I'd qualify as forced, and I don't like those. The Romero Head in Doom 2 MAP30 is actually one of the rare exceptions (for being both entirely hidden from a casual player AND seemingly "spontaneous"), so it might well be my favorite one. Or at least I can't remember any other good one at the moment. That said, I admit that my distinction of "the good vs. the bad ones" might be absolutely subjective and irrational. I don't give it much thought/meaning anyway.

I like the easter egg from GTA: Vice City where if you jump through a building's wall, you find an actual chocolate easter egg.

Da Eediot said:

I like the easter egg from GTA: Vice City where if you jump through a building's wall, you find an actual chocolate easter egg.

OH SHIT I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING JUST BEFORE READING YOUR POST!
It was a nice touch making the egg look like an ACTUAL egg.

I think my personal favorite goes to Portal 2's radio distortion that, when played through a decoder software, presents an image of the Companion Cube on the moon.

How cryptic can you get?