Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goosepants

Voting for single player dlc or a sequel

hardcore_gamer said:

I don't see the point of a sequel so soon. With the exception of Doom 2 there have always been 10 or so years between Doom games.

I'll pretend I didn't read that... I'd give it about two years before another is released as I assume this must be killing it in the sales department.

The New Order got a stand alone prequel expansion after a year and a sequel is in development now, i'm sure DOOM will get similiar treatment as well. They still have Phobos and Deimos to work with if they dont want to go straight to Earth. It's just assets and tweaks that need to be created now after all.

EternalWolf said:

The New Order got a stand alone prequel expansion after a year and a sequel is in development now, i'm sure DOOM will get similiar treatment as well. They still have Phobos and Deimos to work with if they dont want to go straight to Earth. It's just assets and tweaks that need to be created now after all.

That would be great. The Old Blood was awesome, btw.

an old blood-esque stand alone would be me personal choice for dlc content but the MP stuff has likely been in the works for some time and i doubt they are just going to drop it. if we're lucky they'll see the MP mode is the least enjoyable of them all, and work on snapmap and single player content at some point.

hardcore_gamer said:

I don't see the point of a sequel so soon.

The "point" of it would be another great Doom game. Whether it's likely to happen anytime soon is a whole other question, and I'm highly skeptical.

I think SP content is a given, though. Sooner or later Betheseda will realize that shoving MP down our throats isn't going to work. Hopefully it will be something like The Old Blood, but who knows.

Hell on Earth please!
But not standard "aliens invade New York" stuff. Make it like Doom II or Wolfenstein games - industrial zones and ancient castles. Also cities with european architecture, like Rome or Praha. Apocalyptic NY is stale.

The Old Blood was built from deleted content, FYI, which is why they were able to get it out the door so fast. Game development, even for a small expandalone like TOB, otherwise takes several years.

Goosepants said:

Hi. Not sure if you guys would be interested but I know you're the most hardcore doom fans out there. I made this topic on the official forums of Bethesda, and I'm hoping they see it. Again not sure if you guys think they would but I'm trying anyways. You'll have to create an account.

https://community.bethesda.net/message/88740#88740

As far as SP content goes, I want to see more SP options added to snapmap and if possible more campaign expansion content that is 100% non-linear in the levels.

I think an Old blood style DLC would be ideal, a full blown sequel would be too soon at this stage, give them at least half a year to figure out what worked and what people want more of, so that they can create new demons, weapons and levels that would compliment the content we already have. Plus they can experiment with all of the above in a DLC pack and see if any of sticks, they had to be careful to some extent with this game.

Wait a good year or two before clamoring for the sequel :)

They should do both,IMO. Maybe have dlc about the doomslayer's past,then maybe like 4 years later have a sequel continuing where the main story left off

dethtoll said:

The Old Blood was built from deleted content, FYI, which is why they were able to get it out the door so fast. Game development, even for a small expandalone like TOB, otherwise takes several years.

Source? The game takes place in a different era, the engine and assets are noticeably better and there are no cutscenes/New Order characters so that seems like an odd combination for deleted content... Hell they basically threw away the first 1/3rd of the game, including Castle Wolfenstein itself, if thats deleted content.

Orchid87 said:

Hell on Earth please!
But not standard "aliens invade New York" stuff. Make it like Doom II or Wolfenstein games - industrial zones and ancient castles. Also cities with european architecture, like Rome or Praha. Apocalyptic NY is stale.

This.

dethtoll said:

Ehhhhhh, I wouldn't argue against the idea that a number of the assets being used in the Old blood were discarded content, but something like the Old Blood taking several years to make for a team the size of machine games... not very likely.

Depending on the quality, you can pump out quite a number of assets in a matter of months. I imagine the thing that took the most time was actually the level design an the wall climbing mechanic. I imagine most of the animations were already done and reusable for any new models they created. Then there is the testing phase to make sure they're weren't any outstanding bugs, clipping and tearing etc.

But something the size of the Old blood with an engine you aren't mucking with too much, year an half at most depending on the size of the team.

A single-player DLC ala The Old Blood would be nice.

With it taking place on Phobos, Deimos, and Hell and being generally in the vein of the originals to the point of basically remaking the original Doom levels (but to 2016 standards and expanding upon the originals, so it doesn't feel awkward like a 1:1 remake would.)

And remaking some of the original assets, as well as the demons and weaponry would be nice.

Just saying...

Is it a lot of work converting 2D Sprites to High-Res 3D High-Poly models? Yes. Yes it is. But it'd be pretty cool to have a Classic Doom type Old Blood-style prequel I guess.