Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PsychoGoatee

Mapping questions thread

I would probably remove all the music, then play it and try to crash it. Annoying, yeah, but if it's just the music that's crashing it, that's actually really good to know.

My experience has also been that relay signals, while not the most efficient use of object %, provide a more consistent logic experience and make it much, much easier to make changes.

VentedPennies said:

I would probably remove all the music, then play it and try to crash it. Annoying, yeah, but if it's just the music that's crashing it, that's actually really good to know.

My experience has also been that relay signals, while not the most efficient use of object %, provide a more consistent logic experience and make it much, much easier to make changes.

I took out all the music and that didn't work. Still crashes randomly.

I added the 'AI Conductor Handled' option to most of the demons to ease off the system memory. I then reduced some of the multiple signals that was in one Relay so that the system doesn't have to trigger too many at once.

Going by the feedback of where it crashes most often, I took away the box trigger and attached the Relay (with all the same signals) to a door instead. I'm literally trying anything that might work better.

Right now the map doesn't crash on me, but it still does for those who play the published map online. Very frustrating. I guess we'll have to wait on Bethesda for the inevitable patch to allow you to publish complex maps like mine without crashing.

Mines is complex as FUCK, and i got no issues with it during published play. This sounds like the "unexplainable bug" i've ran into a few times, and i unfortunately only had one answer that may fix the issue:

Reprogram the logic entirely.

It may be that somewhere in logic coding, somewhere in the software is reading one of the logic paths incorrectly, and is just fucking it up everytime it reads said logic. I ran into a similar problem with a terminal that was meant to be reusable suddenly not being able to be re-used at all, even though the properties have it so! You'll have to remake the code. Whether as the exact same or simpler is up to you.

That or republish the map. I'll laugh my butt off if THIS works!

Anyone have any idea how to use the new Grid Module? It seems to be a room to place props all over to make your own module. But my gripe with this is that demons don't spawn or maneuver on props (as far as i know). So i see this grid module as more of a fancy showroom than it is a module. Doesn't help the yellow/blue textile room makes it looks like a cartoony room.

I'm harsh on this thing cause i DESPERATELY want to use it, but am not finding a good reason why to!

Potatoguy said:

Anyone have any idea how to use the new Grid Module? It seems to be a room to place props all over to make your own module. But my gripe with this is that demons don't spawn or maneuver on props (as far as i know). So i see this grid module as more of a fancy showroom than it is a module. Doesn't help the yellow/blue textile room makes it looks like a cartoony room.

I'm harsh on this thing cause i DESPERATELY want to use it, but am not finding a good reason why to!

It's meant to be a large dedicated logic room (hence the logic icon), though it can serve other purposes as well.