14 members have voted

1. 1. What must be my new map like?

• slaughter (Sunder)
    • challenge-oriented (Sunlust)
    • classic (Dtwid)
    • exploration (Vela Pax)
    • puzzle
    • meaner than Italo Doom

I would like to stream myself mapping my whole NOVA3 map from scratch.
Date will be (can change) 25.5. on 18:00.
Also, cause I am completely new to streaming, I would like to ask what program is best. Preferrably one which streams whole desktop, not just one window (I will have to edit map, test it, sometimes edit content and bitmaps - lot of stuff). And also with that little chat, where guys can comment - so it will be more fun.
Would you be interested?

Thanks, it seems I need a Twitch account for all these. I hope there is short waiting period for registration. Have you streamed something?
Btw - poll is there just because why not. The viewers will say me in the chat window what they want as I will go on with mapping.

NinjaLiquidator said:

Btw - poll is there just because why not. The viewers will say me in the chat window what they want as I will go on with mapping.

No this is crazy man. Just make what you want to play! That'd be a lot more interesting, instead of basing an entire map on the whims of whoever randomly decided to stop by.

rdwpa: I am not going to BASE my map on something somebody will say. I am just going to try mapping different way - a bit of interaction, so the guys watching my stream will have chance to affect like 15% of map. For me it sounds like interesting change, cause I rarely discuss my shit with someone else and listen to people at all. Its always better to do something the way you normally dont. After it wores off, it becomes stereotype. Mapping for myself by myself was fun a long time, but now I for change want to show off something flexible.

NinjaLiquidator said:

Thanks, it seems I need a Twitch account for all these. I hope there is short waiting period for registration. Have you streamed something?

I recommend OBS personally, as far as software. Capturing your whole desktop is trivial, and should be with other programs as well if you pick something else, although I cannot vouch for them personally. Setting up a twitch account is instantaneous, there is no wait, so you can do it whenever you want. You'll definitely want to run some tests, to determine what kind of quality stream you can maintain, and what bandwidth settings work; that would be the main time consuming process in getting started up.

First streaming attempt.

Nothing is never without problems. Fucking Twitch shows black screen. Multitwitch and Multistream has another problem - it streams but it repeats the same segment of video again and never move on. Plus its funny that when you talked a lot and laughed to your echos and 10 voices talking over themselves, I entertained myself like that for 30 minutes. I hope that the problém is just on my side. So you can watch me play Doom and let me know if its allright.

http://multistre.am/macinsoftware/layout0/

Well I also have one monitor, it makes your setup different.

My OBS setup:

Windowed 1600 x 900 source ports such as PrBoom, always selected as on, higher up in priority than GZ Doom Builder in the Sources list.

GZ Doom Builder, windowed on my end so I can read the chat off to the side on the browser behind it on my actual stream page (set it to the top left of your screen, adjust the size and check your OBS until it's correct), set to fit screen(Edit Scene, right click, Position/Size, Fit to screen) in OBS to fill the entire space.

Test your source port shows correctly and also is fit to screen, this way when you press f9 to test, the source port overlaps the builder so people can see it.

You may need to right click on your Sources and select Properties, refresh, select/deselect them to get them to show.

Make sure to only let your stream run in your browser long enough to test its working, then pause it there and also in the Dashboard if you have it open there.

Test everything offline first, no one likes stream testing when you are online, like some people do...

I have checked the stream of gameplay online and it seems to work, but I have another problém with DoomBuilder. When I open for example File tab, it doesnt show. It just redraws window with map. No windows, which are under, are seen. I have checked that option, which does that. Didnt help.

It will probably never work anyway, cause these programs are not done like screen capture and send to internet. They capture windows, capturing whole screen fucks it up. So thats enough. Thanks a lot for help, Pinchy! It seems it works fine now. I have tested Doom Builder and Zdoom switching and it seems OK.