Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kelliegator

Snapmap puzzle solutions?

I know I must look dumb here but I have no experience in making levels so I can't really figure out the Doom snap map puzzles. Well, some of them, but I got stuck on the "Cached Entity Challenge" where I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to beat it, and learning more about puzzles here might inspire me to try making an actual map, I guess.

Hope it's not too much to ask for, thanks.

Do you want the solution, or a hint?

Hint: the win condition starts when the cached object receives a "get" input, so you need to send it a get input somehow.

Hint 2: the get input is triggered automatically when a certain action happens to the cached object reference.

Spoiler

Link the On Spawned output from the player proxy to the Set Cached Object input on the cached object reference.

mikeo007 said:

Do you want the solution, or a hint?

Either way is fine with me. And the advice you gave helped, so thanks a lot.

Now I'm stuck on AI Proxy Challenge #2, which is bizarre. You're supposed to "move the baron without touching it", so of course I use the teleporter, but nothing really happens that lets me win the game...

kelliegator said:

Either way is fine with me. And the advice you gave helped, so thanks a lot.

Now I'm stuck on AI Proxy Challenge #2, which is bizarre. You're supposed to "move the baron without touching it", so of course I use the teleporter, but nothing really happens that lets me win the game...

If I remember that one right, the explanation is a bit misleading. What is the actual win condition? I thought it had something to do with teleporting the player using the AI proxy (and attacker property of the on-hurt output). Its been a while since I completed these, so not exactly sure.

You have to turn into a baron and then set it to where it ends after a few seconds so you can grab the flag as a demon and open the door when you turn back. Then to get the item in the air, stack some items to reach it and you're good.

Jet1337 said:

You have to turn into a baron and then set it to where it ends after a few seconds so you can grab the flag as a demon and open the door when you turn back. Then to get the item in the air, stack some items to reach it and you're good.

That's the player blocking volume one. That's the only one that stumped me for more than a minute or two.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I only have two puzzles left I'm stuck on; "Variable Challenge" and "One Player CTF" challenge. I'm completely lost on both of 'em. :S

Since you completed the other challenge, can you help me. im stuck at the player proxy challenge. cant find how to revive my self to win that challenge. any help are welcome.

LtWrick said:

Since you completed the other challenge, can you help me. im stuck at the player proxy challenge. cant find how to revive my self to win that challenge. any help are welcome.

You can only revive if you're incapacitated. If you're dead, it won't work. So you need a trigger to incapacitate yourself and then a slightly delayed one to revive.

thx a lot. i was about to loose my mind. since i didnt get the fact of neutralization.
Thx again

The "One Player CTF Challenge" is still driving me nuts, I dunno what I'm missing since I've been able to set teams and to set scores when the flags are dropped so I dunno what else I could possibly be missing...

just duplicate all items.
link volume to team proxy and link volume to show the flag. on the link tha lead to one of the proxy team there is a set team logo, thats where you can change your team.

hope its clear because its harde for me to explain.

vorpalwarhammer said:

Could someone explain in more detail how to do AI proxy 2?

You need to teleport yourself into the exit room to complete it.
Use the AI proxy with an action that had the attacker as the activator, then tie it to the teleport destination (which you put it in the exit room).

mikeo007 said:

You need to teleport yourself into the exit room to complete it.
Use the AI proxy with an action that had the attacker as the activator, then tie it to the teleport destination (which you put it in the exit room).

Thanks! That was the last one I couldn't do.