Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Count651

Soul Harvest Survival - a fairly detailed survival map

Just wanted to share my map with you guys. Its a survival map ( obviously ) in which every kill you get gives you a soul. You use these souls at several shops and terminals throughout the map to purchase ammo, a random weapon, a random powerup, health, and an expensive but worthy speed boost of 25% ( can only be purchased once ). On glory kill enemies drop health and ammo, the only way to get armor is by picking up armor shards scattered throughout the map. The map supports up to 1 to 4 players and if any player dies before they can be revived the game will end. I would like to make it so once all players die the game ends but unfortunately I don't know how to make this work in snapmap.

Snapmap ID - ZSAUQZC2
Players - 1 to 4

So I haven't played with any friends yet but man I must say.. I REALLY dig your creation! The atmosphere is on point, the music is fucking brutal, the layout is awesome.. very nicely done my friend ;)

I can see myself coming back to this one quite often. Thanks for sharing and do keep up the great work! :D Will spread the word for you

Yes this was fun, interesting diversion. Once the shield bastards started showing up things got serious. I hate those guys.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you guys liked it. Yeh the shield guys are a bitch on the second wave, I would make it so they don't spawn until later but I'm not sure how to manually edit which monsters spawn during which waves with the survival ai conductor.

I know (a hacky way) to make it end on all deaths. Assuming you don't want anyone respawning, disable that in game options then make it so Player Proxy/On Death does this:

1. Increase an integer by 1.
2. Compare integer ^ to 4.

Under FLOW is a compare integer. Place one and do this:

1. On Equal
2. Go into properties and set LHS to the integer, and right hand side to 4.

Hook that up to end game/defeat. If you want I can do it for you and give you a snap code that I can take down once you work it out.

Gave this map a shot. WELL... it's a good time killer.

Gameplay: Not too good. 2/5
The fighting is fun for the first 3 minutes. You see, the map takes WAY TOO LONG to switch towards the next wave. I think i faced the same zombie/soldier/imp combo for a good 5 minutes, until i started getting hell knigts. It doesn't help that every enemy has the same soul worth, so i kept ignoring HKs and went for zombies, so i can get quick souls. Make the waves shorter, and have them spawn more frequently.
Map Design: Pretty good! 4/5
This some GOOD crate placements you're having! I really like how everything felt cluttered and messy. Like i had the sense of this place being a mess thanks to demons. It also help differentiate where i was in the map. I really loved that the map goes in a circle, so i end up back to a spot i need to be!
Sound: Not too good. 2/5
Just like the enemies, the music also plays for longer than it should. I was really liking the music when the HKs started spawning in, but BOY it got near-levels of irritating for playing a straight 6-7 minutes. Switch it up to idle every rest period, or change the music completely after each wave.
Difficulty: Ok. 3/5
I'm pretty sure i just sucked for this map, cause i never got passed wave 4 (when the pinkies started to arrive) Maybe the difficulty is varying, since you DO get your weapon through randomization. I comedically only got to the pinkies BECAUSE I SPAWN 3 FUCKING BFGS. I was just lucky!
Uniqueness: Ok. 3/5
I like the map design, but the enemy spawn is just so, how you say, predictable. It's a nitpick i have with the conducter, that you CANNOT choose what comes fighting. But damn, i liked the shopkeepers being stumbling zombies that demand souls! I wanna put those guys in my own map now! Ha ha!
Technicality: Ok. 3/5
No bugs, no problems. But there ain't no amazing logic chain that wowed me. I like the map worked smoothly, without bugs.

There's only so much you can do with the conducter before it becomes predictably dull. Make some specialy enemies spawn every 50 seconds, like a pinky or Hk or Caco. Also shorten the waves/music. Please. This map has potential, but it needs work!