Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss Bubbles

Engineering Bay 24 - Progression based traditional map

Hello everyone. I've been working on this map for the past several days and I feel that it's polished well enough to finally share it with everyone.

Name - Engineering Bay 24
Snapmap ID - 3W289EC4
Players - 1 to 2

I've attempted to emulate what a traditional singleplayer (and co-op) experience might feel like, progressing through a level with locked doors and fighting through lockdown events.

The map features lives and a checkpoint system that will grant an additional life as well as moving the spawn points forward. Because you're not able to save your progress in snapmap I feel like this is the closest I could get to rewarding the player for their progress.

I've set the player limit to two. Mostly because the difficulty was designed with one player in mind, but other things were modified for co-op, such as respawning weapons.

There are a couple of currently known bugs at the moment. One being that the co-op partner who is the client can't open munitions crates, at least until they die. Another bug is that they will sometimes get the checkpoint capturing text stuck on their screen.

If you'd like to check it out, I'd appreciate feedback and any bugs to be pointed out if you find them.

Looks great, I'll check it out tonight. I've been looking for some nice SnapMap singleplayer. I've been working on my own map for about 30 hours and am curious what others have come up with in the meantime.

I got to the last spawn and needed a friend. Fun map, but sharp turn in difficulty in that firey room.

Going to check it out now. I hope this forum starts really dropping a shitload of fun snapmap creations once we all become a bit more acquainted with the system. Will be back with my final verdict :) Thanks for the share.

Thanks for the feedback and interest guys.

Use3D - Which room are you talking about specifically? The dual red power cores room, or the boss fight? Both do seem to take a spike in difficulty from what I've noticed. I could either tone down the monsters or add more items, depending on what players think is best.

I think it was the room in that last screenshot, there were some weapons before entering, on the right, including the chaingun. Three hellknights, pinkies, two cacos and a mancubus and friends I think, burned up my lives, hadn't died up until that point. Nasty business.

Ah okay, thanks for the info. I will consider adding a quad damage to that area to even the odds, as well as some other minor adjustments.

Played this last night with a good buddy of mine. I must say it was a blast with 2 people for sure! Playing alone, it does tend to get a bit on the tough side but that's ok. Makes it fun to work at alone as well. We both died at the big Baron Of Hell confrontation which I do enjoy the set up of that very much. And the lighting effects used were perfect! Please, keep these maps coming!

Thanks MrDeAD, I'm really glad you liked it! I will definitely keep the maps coming if people want to see more. Thanks for the encouraging words!

Well I was going to publish an updated version of the map tonight but after playtesting it it seemed that something went wrong with the boss fight. All of the spawns for the health, armor, ammo and demons seemed to suddenly overlap each other and happen at once. A pretty odd bug considering I did not touch that room or any entities connected to it outside. I was modifying some of the other encounters to make adjustments based on feedback, and then this happens. I hope this isn't happening in the current version of the map.

I started to sort out and tidy up all the logic in the boss room since it's a bit of a mess atm, and after I get it all cleaned up and start to adjust a few things, I begin to notice that some entities are absolutely refusing to be manipulated. I tried saving the map and reloading, and restarting the game, but these entities cannot be selected at all and are still taking up memory. Seems like some sort of strange bug. If anyone else has come across this and managed to fix it, let me know. Until then, I can't really publish any updates to the map because some things are currently in the middle of being changed.

Have you tried saving the map under a different name? Its good practice to do this anyway for a bit of "version control". So every once in a while, when you feel you reached a place where x amount of stuff works, save your map, then save it as a new version (just manually increment a number in the name) so you have a snapshot to go back to.

I really hope your map did not get permanently corrupted.

Also Ill go play it nwo. ;)

Not yet, but I will try to keep this in mind. I suppose if it is truly corrupted I could always take the currently published version and just edit that, before things seemingly got messed up.

Hopefully I will be able to fix it somehow.

Edit:

Well I tried doing that, no such luck. I can't remember which version is currently available to play at the moment so I just want to apologize to anyone if they reach any point in the level and things seem to break. I'm trying to find a fix for this over at the Bethesda forums. It seems I'm not the only one with this problem: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/15952

I played it and it was pretty decent, but during the baron of hell at the end I ran out of ammo when he was at around 20% health and nothing respawned. In the end I had to jump into the lava and die on purpose since it was unbeatable without ammo.

MrSkeltal said:

I played it and it was pretty decent, but during the baron of hell at the end I ran out of ammo when he was at around 20% health and nothing respawned. In the end I had to jump into the lava and die on purpose since it was unbeatable without ammo.

Thanks for the feedback. I will add more ammo to the final boss fight - I've noticed myself that this can sometimes be a problem too.

Well, as soon as this bug with the level being uneditable is fixed anyway..