Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomydoom

Not sure how to set colored lighting

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.
I don't know how to activate Pick Sector/Light Color in GZDoom Builder. It's not letting me choose it. What are the steps in order for it to work?

I'm using GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF) format if that matters.

Share this post


Link to post

When the mode is unable to start, it prints the reason in the lower-left corner of the editor window.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys. I'm not use to UDMF. It's a tiny bit more complicated to me than other formats. :/

And so I have another question. How do I make triggers? Say there's a closed door you can't access unless you walk over a linedef that will open it. What sort of Flags, Actions, and Tags do I need to set in order for that door to open?

Share this post


Link to post
doomydoom said:

And so I have another question. How do I make triggers? Say there's a closed door you can't access unless you walk over a linedef that will open it. What sort of Flags, Actions, and Tags do I need to set in order for that door to open?

To open a door by walking over a line, the trigger will be "player cross". Action will be door_open or door_raise. If door_raise, you'll probably want the "repeatable" flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

To open a door by walking over a line, the trigger will be "player cross". Action will be door_open or door_raise. If door_raise, you'll probably want the "repeatable" flag.


I'm still not getting it. I use the same Identification Tag for both the line and the door in order to make it work, correct? The door won't open when I cross the line.

Do I assign "When player walks over" to the line or the door or both? and If the door_open action belongs to the line, what action belongs to the door?

Share this post


Link to post

You put the tag on the activating line and on the door's sector, so the line knows what sector to open like a door. I haven't used UDMF, but I think that sectors can't have "When player walks over" on them, because that is a property for lines.

Share this post


Link to post
doomydoom said:

I use the same Identification Tag for both the line and the door in order to make it work, correct?

In UDMF, this is incorrect. The sector should have a tag, and the line should use this tag in the respective Argument of its Action, not as the linedef's tag itself.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×