Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

The bitching about the MP

Guest MIND

What is with all the bitching about the Multiplayer?

It's not exactly as if DOOM 1 and 2's MP was any better or any different?

The MP here is basically fast paced and arena style. Some people were bitching about the load outs and hack modules but that is dumb criticism and very minor. It's not as if the MP is broken or anything.

It's actually pretty fun.

MINDustry said:

What is with all the bitching about the Multiplayer?

It's not exactly as if DOOM 1 and 2's MP was any better or any different?

The MP here is basically fast paced and arena style. Some people were bitching about the load outs and hack modules but that is dumb criticism and very minor. It's not as if the MP is broken or anything.

It's actually pretty fun.

While the mp isn't that bad, it also doesn't seem great either. For me it seems average/meh of a mp mode. Load outs mean the weapons overall will be weaker than they would without it. I have no thoughts on the hack modules as I haven't really tried using them.

Just lackluster at best, sometimes you move like a tank, It feels too Halo sometimes, but It's fun for the most part.

But when people select their only loadout they'll ever use, Woo boy, get ready for a bad Friday DM.

It's just boring.
There's not much fun in spawning, running out, shooting a few chaingun shots, getting hit with a few chaingun shots, and dying. Now wash, rinse, and repeat.

r_init: getpostnumberforname: post not found!

Edited by Justince

I recently learned (I'm sure this is obvious to many of you) that some folks from COD/Halo worked on the multiplayer component. I played COD once a year or two ago and found it sucky and boring. So I'm a little concerned. Haven't checked out MP on Doom '16 yet.

It's fun for what it is, but it suffers from some serious balance problems. Half the guns are useless, and the special weapons and demon runes are laughably OP to a point of being broken. If somebody has the gauss cannon or demon rune it's automatic free kills for them.

Guest MIND
DooM_RO said:

It's mediocre.

How?

It's the SAME SHIT as Doom 1 and Doom 2 multiplayer.

MINDustry said:

How?

The player moves like a tank sometimes, It feels like Halo.

Dunno how that's DOOM, the campaign however Is full on DOOM.

I think the biggest MP portion of gameplay will come later once plenty of high quality coop missions are available in Snapmap.
Normal MP seems good, however as far as team Deathmatch is concerned.. its really about how you operate as a unit, using different strategy and weapons.
Running and gunning is typical, but if you really play smart and bait players into certain zones your team can really ambush them nonstop until they operate as a team..... or you could run around like rambo. There are plenty of good moments to be had in Doom 2016's MP.

MINDustry said:

How?

You've either not played Old Doom's multiplayer or played some shitty mod or WAD or something. They're both games where you use a gun to shoot things, but to say it's the "same shit" suggests ignorance.

For the record, I think Doom 16 has decent looking multiplayer, but the same as Old Doom? That's a laugh, honestly.

MINDustry said:

How?

That was funny...seriously :) Got another one?

Guest MIND
tuo said:

That was funny...seriously :) Got another one?

Did DOOM 1 and 2 kick ass? Sure......back in 1993. There's much better shit out now though......like the new Doom.

MINDustry said:

Yeah, sure.

I think you old fucks in your 40's are just blinded by Nostalgia, honestly.

Did DOOM 1 and 2 kick ass? Sure......back in 1993. There's much better shit out now though......like the new Doom.

Nue doom brings nothing new to the table. Arena gameplay, deathmatch variants, loudouts etc. has all been so many times that you can't really describe it with any other word than mediocre. Doom doesn't even have a semi original spin on its' deathmatch variants.

MINDustry said:

Yeah, sure.

Has nothing to do with age. I'm 25 and I still think doom 1 and 2 are superior games except for graphics. Even then the character designs, environments, and atmosphere are better. I play old doom all the time. You could call me the exception but I think us young people are too obsessed with new stuff. Look at games today. They are terrible. No fun, just addictive level up, interactive movies / games. I actually was playing games like that and realized they aren't fun so I went back to the good stuff. I really like the new doom but mostly because of its old school aspects. Video games peaked in the 90s. It's been downhill from there. Doom 16 is good because it doesn't go too far. Knows its limits.

Badmotorfinger111 said:

Has nothing to do with age. I'm 25

Let's math! So 2016-25=1991, right? Well gee, that puts you right up at the perfect time to grow up in the 90's and, oho, what's this?

Video games peaked in the 90s.

Wowie, look at that! Your childhood-time videogames are supposedly the best, who'd have thought?

Spoiler

Doom 2 having atmosphere and non-hideous environments. That's a funny opinion.

What exactly is the best age then. No comment on the state of gaming. Interactive crap, leveling, story driven. I would personally say the best shooter ever made and continues to be CS. How much has that game changed. Small changes and graphics, that's it. How many people play it. I never said doom 1 and 2 couldn't be improved. Doom 2016s atmosphere and environments are based on doom 1, 2, and 3. I'm sure your next response will have something to do with me being old and you are probably close to my age so I'm done commenting.

Badmotorfinger111 said:

What exactly is the best age then.

None of them! People just naturally prefer the games they grew up with or idolize the era they grew up in. It's the same story with music. Whatever genre/artist you enjoy? There's most definitely people that came before or after that'd say it's shit compared to what they had, and that the golden age is long over/came far later.

MINDustry said:

Yeah, sure.

Doom '16 isn't even in the same ballpark as Classic Doom. Doom '16 isn't bad, but oadouts hamper the experience and it just feels meh.
Classic Doom you have all the maps to play with no loadouts. Loadouts are a key difference.

It's awesome you like Doom and all but it's clear you've never played Classic DM. It's like fine art.

Hackers are really beginning to bother me. There is this one hacker I experience in closed beta, open beta and now full release. I reported this person and verbally encouraged others to on steam each time. Nothing has happened him or her (posing as a Japanese girl and keeps troll records of people raging for hacking in description).

Originally it was nothing but non stop instant head shots. Now it's spawning infont of our entire team as soon as the match starts and kills us all in one shot. Then proceeds to spawn kill us all until we all leave the game.

So does Steam report work or is it for looks?

I think the people behind it are just understaffed, especially considering there's probably a ton of false reports because online gaming is filled with garbage people. It wouldn't be surprising if your reports have just been heavily backlogged.

It's just frustrating because it's close to being good. It's just the loadouts, two weapon limit, no FFA/CTF modes. Like these things can all be fixed and it'd be fine.

MINDustry said:

The validity of a person's opinion is not dependent on their age. Besides, I'm nowhere near 40, I'm just not so blind that I think New Doom MP is just "the same thing but with uber better 1337 graphics". Yes, the graphics are 23 years newer, but the gameplay is vastly different. To deny it is to just be ignorant, and your dismissive attitude is pretty unbecoming.

This may be a shocker but it's possible to like the New Doom with taking a fat dump on the old ones and saying "lol only for 40 year old fucks".

Because Multiplayer is confusing = Boring with all those loadouts, Hack Modules ... etc, Lacks normal FFA , I Hated Quake Live just because of these (Not changing my mind even if it's not free anymore)

Basically picking the wrong Loadout = F**cked
Bad camo = F**cked
Bad Hack Modules set = F**cked

Makes it super confusing IMO , And no i'm not a grandpa , I'm still a rude/careless/whiner Teen ?

Implying old age is the only reason anyone would dislike the latest installment of 20 years old franchise is pants-on-head retarded. If you're too young to know the franchise *and* if you also despise its origins, why even care for the name brand?

"I'm too stupid to form my own opinions so I'm going to piggyback on the latest popular thing". Way to be compliant and submissive. Teenage years are supposed to be spent in rebellion, not kissing the ass of corporations.

Phml said:

Teenage years are supposed to be spent in rebellion, not kissing the ass of corporations.

Up to them if they decide to Turn Multiplayer to garbage, I Still don't care If it's going to stay the same, I Lost interest in it, Shit can't be saved by DLCs .

Chezza said:

Hackers are really beginning to bother me. There is this one hacker I experience in closed beta, open beta and now full release. I reported this person and verbally encouraged others to on steam each time. Nothing has happened him or her (posing as a Japanese girl and keeps troll records of people raging for hacking in description).

Originally it was nothing but non stop instant head shots. Now it's spawning infont of our entire team as soon as the match starts and kills us all in one shot. Then proceeds to spawn kill us all until we all leave the game.

Which is why the MP sucks, Certain Affinity made this crap, they know there's hackers and they don't do anything, they just make the MP for a game and then move on.
Not to mention modern gamers nowaydays are trash, they play awful, die a lot and there's those who kill at a bs range, deal 1hit headshots via aimbot.