Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

The bitching about the MP

MINDustry said:

Yeah, sure.

I think you old fucks in your 40's are just blinded by Nostalgia, honestly.

Did DOOM 1 and 2 kick ass? Sure......back in 1993. There's much better shit out now though......like the new Doom.

Wow, as a 25 y old I would say this statement is really offensive, if not saiyng a bit immature

Btw in summary from what ive seen the movements and some other game elements are relying heavily on modern FPS shooters, so it's an half-arena FPS. that's why is bland

J.B.R said:

Which is why the MP sucks, Certain Affinity made this crap, they know there's hackers and they don't do anything, they just make the MP for a game and then move on.
Not to mention modern gamers nowaydays are trash, they play awful, die a lot and there's those who kill at a bs range, deal 1hit headshots via aimbot.

It'crazy to see how the team behind left 4 dead multiplayer has gone downhill by releasing a non functioning multiplayer in Halo anniversary and then this strange quacod-live

What the hell does age have to do with the equation, MINDustry? Maybe it's because some of us don't want a cookie-cutter Haloesque/CoDesque multiplayer with loadouts, leveling up and other stupid crap that makes it not stand out to the deluge of boring multiplayer modes in modern games these days?

That and Snapmap being affected by this nonsense too. Very disappointing to me.

The multiplayer is alright, its not bad if you take advantage of the unique features. It def could be better though.

MINDustry said:

Yeah, sure.

I think you old fucks in your 40's are just blinded by Nostalgia, honestly.

Did DOOM 1 and 2 kick ass? Sure......back in 1993. There's much better shit out now though......like the new Doom.

Dude its just not good. Its most unqiue thing is the demon runes and they are ao broken that it ruins the whole thing for everyone but the guy playing as the demon. People just don't like it. It's fine if you do but don't expect other people to care about the same things you do.

I love the multiplayer and actually have alot of fun playing it. Maybe some screws need a small re-adjustment...

The loadouts have ruined Multiplayer and SnapMap for me. I still wish to learn about SnapMap and create levels, but it's not going to happen until Bethesda/id get rid of the loadout BS.

Guest MIND

Alright, I take back the age related comment as it's not really relevant.

I've played MORE of the MP since the beginning of this thread and it's just MP. It's nothing special but it isn't TERRIBLE at the same time.

I'd have hoped for a MP simmilar to Quake Live or something to that effect.

Loadouts and Hack Modules being "dumb" are just a matter of opinion. I don't even see why they'd bother you that much. Did you want different weapons or what?

Because you CAN change your loadouts the more you level up.

I don't see any similarity with COD multiplayer here. Sorry.

I've never played Halo so I have no comment.

The armor, taunts, and camo are kind of stupid though. They could've added something else rather than that.

I keep my weapons looking the way they are stock which is how they look the nicest.

MINDustry said:

The armor, taunts, and camo are kind of stupid though.

That's why they're the best part, just the no-fucks-given spaceman dressup at the end of every match.

I quite like the Multiplayer, and I like the weapon juggling loadouts provide. However, I do feel that a standard FFA mode outside of SnapMap needed to be included. The inclusion of nothing but Team game modes is the only real downside to the multiplayer, and is wholly confusing.

MINDustry said:

Loadouts and Hack Modules being "dumb" are just a matter of opinion. I don't even see why they'd bother you that much. Did you want different weapons or what?

Because you CAN change your loadouts the more you level up.

That's the great thing about true arena shooters like Quake 3 and classic Doom. You didn't need to "level up" to have fun. You started with the ability to use/carry any and all weapons in one go until you were killed. Loadouts rob you of that option and limit satisfaction and enjoyment.

I don't think that it's not bad, neither mediocre as some say, but it's just not that special.
However some of the choices that were made for the MP are really stupid:
-You can customize your marine, yet when this is barely noticeable since all your friends look blue, and all foes look white.
-The demon rune is too random!, you can't never tell when one is gonna spawn and neither were it's gonna spawn. Basically the only way you can get the demon rune, its to get lucky and be near it when it spawns
-The same goes for the powerups, they are too randomized between maps!, sometimes you get quad damage, other times the invisibility sphere, again a luck thing.
-Hellshot.... seriously, nobody uses it

My main complaints about the MP it's that it's too luck based. I've got used to the loadouts... but i would had prefered the classic weapon pickups. Despite it's flaws im enjoying it, some stuff could be changed tough. i've been playing an unhealty amount of MP since one of my friends reaaaally loves it (so much, that i don't think that he is gonna even touch the campaing), and he forces me to play it with him lol.

DMPhobos said:

I don't think that it's not bad, neither mediocre as some say, but it's just not that special.
However some of the choices that were made for the MP are really stupid:
-You can customize your marine, yet when this is barely noticeable since al friends look blue, and all foes look white.
-The demon rune is too random!, you can't never tell when one is gonna spawn and neither were it's gonna spawn. Basically the only way you can get the demon rune, it' to get lucky and be near it when it spawns
-The same goes for the powerups, they are too randomized between maps!, sometimes you get quad damage, other times the invisibility sphere, again a luck thing.
-Hellshot.... seriously, nobody uses it

My main complaints about the MP it's that it's too luck based. I've got used to the loadouts... but i would had prefered the classic weapon pickups. Despite it's flaws im enjoying it, some stuff could be changed tough. i've been playing an unhealty amount of MP since one of my friends reaaaally loves it (so much, that i don't think that he is gonna even touch the campaing), and he forces me to play it with him lol.

The demon rune I think has various spots it can pop in on the map, while I like how it shows up on Warpath more, due to it basically spawning in exactly opposite of where the point is (so you know that the demon run will generally be spawning in on the path opposite of where the point itself is at). Though I think it spawning in at a random point is more of a issue due to how powerful the demons are and the ease at which they will let you get kills.

I sort of like how the powerups cycle through themselves (though I'm not sure if there is a specific order or if the order can be random), there is also what seems like a specific spot they spawn in most of the time on a map (along with the sort of tell tale sign that they are about to spawn in a couple of seconds that they and the power weapons have). I'd have to say my least favorite out of the powerups is the regeneration one.

The hellshot seems a little weird to me, seems like it's just another precision based weapon that doesn't really stand out all that much (I sort of thought it was going to be some demon based shotgun of sorts). It does decent damage but it is rather slow firing and I'd say worse compared to some of the other ones you could use instead.

Simply put those of us that know DooM's origins don't want to see a DooM reboot borrow from other franchises. DooM has it's own DNA and it doesn't need to be changed. Now all we have is another reboot lacking it's roots, instead of just bringing what was already good and refreshing it with prettier pixels...

DICE did the same thing to BF2, with BF3 and BF4. I'm tired of good games getting ruined for no good reason.

DooM's campaign is refreshing, but the lack of cooperative campaign, and the lack of fully functional mod tools makes this another huge disappointment.

Developers could make everyone happy by making their new take on things a game mode instead of the only option available. There's no reason to redesign a game's game modes just because it's 25 years old and you think you need to redefine it for it to be successful. The irony is disgusting- and I highly suggest we start a petition to make DooM better.

I cant really put my finger on it, but something feels really out of place in the new DOOM multiplayer.

The good:
Ok, it got health, ammo and powerups.
The maps have a nice design to it.
Its fun for about a few matches. Then it gets boring.

The bad:
No weapon pickups (which is odd).
The movement feels slow and clumsy.
Where is the music?
The time it takes to search for a match takes waaaay 2 long. This is not a good sign. Think about it, the game has just been out for about 2 weeks and should have lots of people playing it... but no.
Ok, i again with the demon runes. Just op and ruins the balance. Everyone that gets it basically destroys everything.
It has hackers already. Yeah, i played against one yesterday.

To put it simple, ggmanlives sums it up pretty well in his review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4-2gOJDgPM

magma86 said:

I cant really put my finger on it, but something feels really out of place in the new DOOM multiplayer.

The good:

The bad:
Where is the music?
The time it takes to search for a match takes waaaay 2 long. This is not a good sign. Think about it, the game has just been out for about 2 weeks and should have lots of people playing it... but no.
Ok, i again with the demon runes. Just op and ruins the balance. Everyone that gets it basically destroys everything.

To put it simple, ggmanlives sums it up pretty well in his review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4-2gOJDgPM

This.
Also ggmanlives review is great and i recommend watching it.

riky_rice said:

Wow, as a 25 y old I would say this statement is really offensive, if not saiyng a bit immature

Don't worry, people in their 40s aren't as easily offended as delicate snowflakes in their 20s these days.

"Sticks ands stones...."

People of older generations never needed "safe spaces" and the like.

Guest MIND
Chippah said:

Don't worry, people in their 40s aren't as easily offended as delicate snowflakes in their 20s these days.

"Sticks ands stones...."

I took what I said back as I realized the comment didn't make any sense. Part of it was in jest, a joke.

Guest MIND
magma86 said:

The good:

The bad:
Where is the music?

- Yeah no weapon pickups are kind of stupid I guess.
- Movement is medium unless you get the HASTE pickup which increases it 10 fold
- I like playing my own music over the silence
- Not enough players perhaps. Everyone is still finishing the single player campaign
- I haven't ran into any hackers yet.

The Multiplayer is OK I guess. I don't hate it but it's not amazing either. It's above mediocre. I wish it it had a faster pace with spawning weapons.

Chippah said:

"Sticks ands stones...."

Uhm..... This is a provocative statement, I guess? I'm not english so not sure I understood the meaning in its whole

Load outs. They are the sole reason which makes MP only good instead of fucking great. They even have that shit in Snapmap. I didn't care at first but now I can't stand load outs.

My biggest issue with Snapmap is probably how it's too Multiplayer focused. I was really hoping it would have convenient options to set the player's weapon limit and map.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I'm getting used to the New MP .

A requirement for a mode to be great shouldn't it be love at first glance?

Chezza said:

My biggest issue with Snapmap is probably how it's too Multiplayer focused. I was really hoping it would have convenient options to set the player's weapon limit and map.

That is so annoying. It basically stopped all effort for me to continue using snap map till we can get a weapon wheel. There is a work around for load outs but it is stupid and breaks immersion.

I want fucking pistol starts and the weapon wheel!

Zemini said:

That is so annoying. It basically stopped all effort for me to continue using snap map till we can get a weapon wheel. There is a work around for load outs but it is stupid and breaks immersion.

I want fucking pistol starts and the weapon wheel!

I agree, I don't really care about the loadouts in MP... it's whatever, but how can we create "Classic Deathmatch" if we cant even have weapon wheel?

EDIT:
I am usually a console defender, but I am really annoyed that Snapmap is multi platform now. At first I thought it was awesome, but the monster limit, the weapon wheel thing, etc... It's cause it has to work on a fucking console. It's the sole reason.

Also, another stupid thing. The monster limit doesn't even make any sense, what is the point? What if my map is literally just the simplest room in terms of geometry. Why still limit to 12? Surely the PC/Computer can handle more than 12 + 3 more players in a low detailed room. The fuck? The limits just seem, arbitrary.

TheWizard said:

I agree, I don't really care about the loadouts in MP... it's whatever, but how can we create "Classic Deathmatch" if we cant even have weapon wheel?

EDIT:
I am usually a console defender, but I am really annoyed that Snapmap is multi platform now. At first I thought it was awesome, but the monster limit, the weapon wheel thing, etc... It's cause it has to work on a fucking console. It's the sole reason.

Also, another stupid thing. The monster limit doesn't even make any sense, what is the point? What if my map is literally just the simplest room in terms of geometry. Why still limit to 12? Surely the PC/Computer can handle more than 12 + 3 more players in a low detailed room. The fuck? The limits just seem, arbitrary.

Couldn't they just allow the addition of more enemies by the player, but basically give a warning that it could affect your gameplay (more of the sense of maybe slowdowns or what not)? Are they trying that hard to keep the abilities for all the platforms fair (in the sense of making it stuck at a limit so it is equal on all platforms for the most part)?

Once the multiplayer DLC starts to drop, I imagine the playerbase for the MP will drop of dramatically. Unless they add back some important staples like free-for-all deathmatch and capture the flag. Just removing loadouts and balancing the weapons properly would go a long way to improving it.

Sgt_BFG said:

Once the multiplayer DLC starts to drop, I imagine the playerbase for the MP will drop of dramatically. Unless they add back some important staples like free-for-all deathmatch and capture the flag. Just removing loadouts and balancing the weapons properly would go a long way to improving it.

Exactly what I think

I can only imagine new maps for old modes for cash. New game modes must be free and only.