Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomzRules

Is there anything that makes Classic Doom feel a bit like Doom 2016?

Just out of curiosity. Any map-packs? Any gameplay mods that enhance the gore to Doom 2016's standards? Anything that feels like the new Doom? I mean, I'm just curious because I can't really afford the new Doom right now. :(

So anything like that for the original?

I mean I already know about the EDGE mod and Doom Emulation. I mean more like in feel and sort of aesthetics as opposed to just a straight up carbon copy. :P

So yah....

:3

Legacy of Suffering which is a bit older, has a fun feel to it which looks similar to Doom 2016 but without the brutal-doomisms. It does have fast and frantic arena kuje gameplay though.

MrSkeltal said:

Project Brutality borrows a lot from Doom 2016.

I guess I should play Project Brutality then. :P I mean you and the other guy say Project Brutality, so yah.

PsychoGoatee said:

For the fast furious (and overpowered feel of fully upgraded Doom Marine) Trailblazer is a fun choice.

Sweet! I've played Trailblazer before, but I think isn't there a new version out?

If there is... I'm downloading it and playing it ASAP.

About the BD Hell on Earth Starter Pack, I have it. I just haven't played it in a while. :P

Could give Johnny Doom a shot once the new version comes out (in about a month according to the author).

+1 on the Trailblazer recommendation though. The latest version is absolutely awesome. Nothing screams 'badass' like wielding a minigun AND an M2 Browning at the same time. :D

Nems said:

Could give Johnny Doom a shot once the new version comes out (in about a month according to the author).

+1 on the Trailblazer recommendation though. The latest version is absolutely awesome. Nothing screams 'badass' like wielding a minigun AND an M2 Browning at the same time. :D

:D

Brutal Doom and Project Brutality are similar to DOOM 2016. But I personally thing that both of these mods destroy the game (reloading in DOOM? Nah, thanks).

HIB said:

Brutal Doom and Project Brutality are similar to DOOM 2016. But I personally thing that both of these mods destroy the game (reloading in DOOM? Nah, thanks).

.... Yeah. Is there a way to disable the reloading and kinda keep the same flow of fast-paced gunplay that the new Doom has?

There was a no-reload add-on (plug-in?, mutator?) for Brutal Doom, but it hasn't worked properly since the release of Brutal Doom 18. If it has been updated to work with the current version, I'd like to know about it.

Project Brutality has a classic mode without reloading. Although that removes all the new weapons.

DoomzRules said:

.... Yeah. Is there a way to disable the reloading and kinda keep the same flow of fast-paced gunplay that the new Doom has?

Yes, play on Classic mode.

I played doom 2016 yesterday for like 4 hours then switched over to doom 2 and found the gameplay to be very similar. The way doom guy flies up staircases (especially the narrow steep ones) feels a lot like climbing and vaulting over things the weapons deal relatively the same amount of damage.

I have a pretty vivid imagination though.