Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MO1ST NUGG3T

Favorite weapon

In DOOM what is your favorite weapon,what weapon mods are your favorite,and why?

My personal favorite weapon is the chaingun with the mobile turret mod. I love it because of the amount of fire power it has.combine this with the rich get richer and it's very powerful. Also it looks sick AF.

Supershotgun.

Run and jump around the arena, and simply give every Imp, Possessed or Hellraiser a little "NOPE" right into it's face.

Hellknight? Dip in, NOPE, run a little bit back, dip in, NOPE, rince, repeat.

Mancubus? NOPE TO THE TUMMY!

Pinky? Look at me jumping while I NOPE your tail.

Revenant? NOPE, NOPE, NOPE your gone.

Archvile? Nice stopping by! BTW: NOPE!

Lost Soul? I missed you with my NOPE, I'll miss you again with my NOPE! Just explode on my already!

Baron, Caco etc.: okay, takes a bit neNOPEnations. But we'll come to terms!

I think the SSG bring your point across.

Favorite weapon is the Super Shotgun in SP. Does quite well against mostly anything.

Next would be the Plasma Rifle and its heat wave ability. Makes it quite easy to clear out a herd of weaker enemies while trying to deal with something stronger demons.

hmmm hard to pick, all of them are very good, Except I don't use the chain gun much. Rocket launcher? it's really hard to pick one when they're all so use full, even the pistol this time around.

Found myself making surgical shots from the shotguns grenade launcher quite a bit in the beginning.
I personally love the Gauss cannon, One well aimed charged shot will burst most of the demons to bits. The BFG is dam pretty cool when your absolutely surrounded later in hell.

The Combat Shotgun with the Grenade Launcher. Something so satisfying about the cluster grenades when maxed out, basically turns an entire group of weaker enemies into kibbles in bits in seconds.

Admittedly, I haven't played the game yet. I do have a question to ask those who did though.

How is the chaingun in the feedback department? It does seem pretty beefy. It also pretty much hurts me that it's the least shown weapon out of the entire case.

Though I like all the weapons, I'm liking the Gauss Cannon the most, for single target control. It can split open a Hell Knight in one headshot with the charge mod, very handy. The Chaingun, though given a little late has it's place, it's very powerful. I use it to simmer down Barons, just like the old days!
I also enjoying the Combat Shotgun with the grenade launcher, makes it a formidable weapon for the entire game. The main point is the weapons are awesome!

tuo said:

Supershotgun.

Run and jump around the arena, and simply give every Imp, Possessed or Hellraiser a little "NOPE" right into it's face.

Hellknight? Dip in, NOPE, run a little bit back, dip in, NOPE, rince, repeat.

Mancubus? NOPE TO THE TUMMY!

Pinky? Look at me jumping while I NOPE your tail.

Revenant? NOPE, NOPE, NOPE your gone.

Archvile? Nice stopping by! BTW: NOPE!

Lost Soul? I missed you with my NOPE, I'll miss you again with my NOPE! Just explode on my already!

Baron, Caco etc.: okay, takes a bit neNOPEnations. But we'll come to terms!

I think the SSG bring your point across.

They need to make a mod for that, where when you shoot the ssg the announcer says "Nope."

A chainsaw, only if I had a tank wagon or tank truck with thousands of gallons of fuel on my back.

Almonds said:

Admittedly, I haven't played the game yet. I do have a question to ask those who did though.

How is the chaingun in the feedback department? It does seem pretty beefy. It also pretty much hurts me that it's the least shown weapon out of the entire case.

It feels beefy, but it also feels slow on the draw. It's easy to piss through ammo with. HR does good on trash while chaingun does good on beefier enemies like Cacos, mancs and hell knights.

Almonds said:

It feels a little off when you initially start shooting it as the feedback initially seems lacking, and the wind-up is a little on the slow side. But once it's fully wound up, it buzzsaws whatever's in your path like bloody swiss cheese effortlessly. A mod lets you pre-emptively rev it with alt fire, too.

Hard to choose. I could choose a least favorite weapon, that being the Plasma Rifle. I mean it's a great support weapon but why use it when you have the Gauss Cannon?

Anyway...HAR with unlimited missles is pretty great. Just like the Devastator from Duke 3D.

SSG and chaingun for fighting, chainsaw for fun.

DooM_RO said:

I could choose a least favorite weapon, that being the Plasma Rifle. I mean it's a great support weapon but why use it when you have the Gauss Cannon?

The stun thingy is quite useful in a tight spot. It's also very effective against the dudes with shields.

For me its a close one between the Chaingun and the Gauss.
The Gauss with the Siege Pulse mod is the second best problem-solver in game (after the BFG, of course). Corridor full of soldiers? A group of Revenants/Hell Knights/Cacos? Have a Summoner-based problem? Siege Pulse got you covered. The only enemies you can't oneshot are Barons and Mancubi.
On the other hand, the mobile turret is just awesome and I used it when enemies are spread out or I don't feel like using the micro-missiles.

Honestly the Siege Mode is pretty much a lesser, more directed BFG, especially once you get it maxed so you can still move while charging it. Combine it with Rich Get Richer and make sure to keep your armor up, and there's basically nothing stopping you from nuking every enemy repeatedly with it. Even Barons go down in two direct shots, on HMP at least. And for everything that a Siege shot isn't good for, a quick swap the Precision Bolt mod can effectively tear an enemy a new skull hole and then some from a good distance.

Granted, with Rich Get Richer you can also spam HAR micro missiles with impunity, but the Gauss Cannon is redonkulous.

super shotgun is the best general weapon in the game, unlike the gauss cannon you don't sacrifice mobility to use it and they both have penetrating properties. you get the SSG quite early and it has crowd control properties.

that said, every weapon in the game has a purpose but i think Heavy Assault Rifle/Plasma Rifle are easily the worst weapons in the game overall. They both have good secondary-fires (and the stun shot on plasma is invaluable vs pinkys/shield soldiers) but their primary fire is almost completely worthless late game because their bigger brothers (chaingun/gauss) which use the same ammo pool are almost infinitely more effective with their own primary fires.

but yup, super shotgun is the best overall weapon. as it should be. Every weapon is useful, but if I had infinite ammo and could only choose one core weapon (no bfg/chainsaw) the super shotgun is what i would pick.

It´s hard to tell because i almost like all of the weapons. I used the SSG and the combat shotgun 50/50. Can´t tell wich one i prefer. Compared to the originals, i am using the chaingun a lot more. Even the disliked plasma rifle get used more often in the new Doom. I like the HAR too because it feels great, even though ist not that powerfull. I don´t use the gauss and the pistol that much.

Gauss gun because I am kinda Quake 3 guy.
Combat shotgun with rapid fire mod and heavy assault rifle with missiles mod are great too. Chaingun is OP, no fun to use it at all.

I love almost every weapon in the game. But the Combat Shotgun is my favorite! I simply love it. The way it looks (especially with the burst fire mod), the way it feels and sounds! I simply love it! <3

Super Shotgun with the Gauss cannon a close 2nd place. In Multiplayer I'll say the Combat Shotgun and Plasma Rifle. There's really no bad weapon in the bunch though, and with the exception of the pistol for the most part, they all have their use.