Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tmorrow

A Doom 2016 Review from a Philosopher

You guys might get a kick out of a philosopher's review of Doom 2016 by Stefan Molyneaux. This is not your typical review!

It would be appreciated if you could limit your comments to his doom 2016 review. Use his youtube forum if you wish to discuss his non gaming material and/or your opinions of his character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euLLcwmNKJI

Enjoy!

Too bald, didn't watch. He looks like one of the NPCs from the game [read: nearly all of them], to be perfectly honest.

Jaxxoon R said:

Too bald, didn't watch. He looks like one of the NPCs from the game [read: nearly all of them], to be perfectly honest.

Heh, heh! But it is great to see a diverse range of older guys rediscovering their youth and nerdishness with the exhilaration of a new doom release!

i've seen a lot of this guy's content and he is overly arrogant/disrespectful to many of his guests. Lots of his guests come on to debate specific topics, and often times they are some of the least informed supporters of whatever issue they happen to be discussing - which is fine - but I could swear he goes out of his way to find people like that just to win easy debates and put these other guys down.

some of the things he has to say are worth hearing, but you have to listen to a lot of garbage to find the gems.

at least regarding this specific review i thought his video was well done.

Moon Marin said:

i've seen a lot of this guy's content and he is overly arrogant/disrespectful to many of his guests.

I find the opposite is the case. If you find him to be out of line, call him out on it on his channel and make your case. He simply challenges a lot of views and bad arguments held by so many who have been spoon fed by the mainstream media. He will talk/debate with anyone about philosophy, in fact if you have an opposing view, you go the top the shortlist and will be heard. I've found him to be polite and courteous to those on his shows.

Anyway I enjoyed his doom 2016 review and I'm glad you did too.

I was not expecting a Doom review from Stefan. His experience seems to be very similar to mine. Like Stefan, I had a really hard time keeping of track of where I was in this game and the map wasn't particularly helpful. I'm OK with this though because I don't like games forcing you into playing the way they want you to play. Sure, they lock you in rooms for battles but you don't fail the mission because you weren't taking the route the developer intended. This is one of the first games in a long time that I will play again because I want to bump the difficulty up to UV and explore for more secrets.

During the first missions i had my trouble with the map too. That damn thing can not get rotated enough sometimes. It seems they used the kind of maps like in Metroid Prime (maybe i only know it from these games). It puzzles me why they did not went the full route and copied the rotation system as a whole. In MP you can turn, zoom and rotate as much as you want. But you can get used to it, later it worked as it should. Maybe you can give it a second try.

It was kind of interesting to watch. Mostly because all I know of him is the crap ideas he spews, so this, in a different light was insightful, and even a bit strange,almost as much as if william lane craig reviewed a game (because i watch both, and well.. Lets just say i disagree with a lot of their ideas). Wish I could relate to the review though, I don't have a computer good enough to run the game, so I'm unfortunately skipping this one. Still, thanks for sharing.

It's easy to criticise someone without actually specifying which of his ideas you don't like and why you believe them to be crap.

I'm sure doom 2016 will still be available sometime downstream after you've been able to upgrade your system.

I didn't specify which ideas I disagree with because this isn't the place,so there's that.