Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caine

Doom SP still too slow movement... MOD?

yeah i know im a flamer, idiot etc. for you but i still cannot feel the ACTION with this slow movementspeed, i read everywhere OLD SCHOOL movement speed lol.... guess many dont know old school games anymore, even serious sam had a nice FAST PACE.

is it possible to mod the movement speed somehow?

i mean, i just think it should be a tick faster, not like classic dooms but faster without upgrades etc.

I suggest anyone to make SR40 MOD for Doom 2016. Dodging skill from Shadow Warrior also would be nice, I think.

antares031 said:

I suggest anyone to make SR40 MOD for Doom 2016. Dodging skill from Shadow Warrior also would be nice, I think.

well dodging? i dont want it to be too modern at all, the float jumping and double jump are already too much. just faster movement speed...

While it would be nice if the movement speed was up... a bit.

I assume the levels were designed with the current speed in mind. Messing around with the movement speed, no matter how little, could make it too easy and unbalanced.

That or I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about lol.

Would be nice to have the option anyway.

Trycon said:

While it would be nice if the movement speed was up... a bit.

I assume the levels were designed with the current speed in mind. Messing around with the movement speed, no matter how little, could make it too easy and unbalanced.

That or I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about lol.

Would be nice to have the option anyway.

yes definitely, thats why i meant maybe a bit, enemies are running faster (ok) but you are feeling too cumbersome.... thats what i loved about old games you are also a fast motherfucker.

This game feels pretty fast to me, but nothing is as fast as classic Doom.

One thing to note, your health seems to effect your speed. If you're low on health you move slower. And FOV settings make you appear to move faster, so if you play on 90 you could try raising it to say 98.

PsychoGoatee said:

If you're low on health you move slower.

Seriously? Never noticed that, have to check that out!!!

PsychoGoatee said:

This game feels pretty fast to me, but nothing is as fast as classic Doom.

One thing to note, your health seems to effect your speed. If you're low on health you move slower. And FOV settings make you appear to move faster, so if you play on 90 you could try raising it to say 98.

thanks for the tips! whoch fov is again standard on pc? sad to ask cause you never had to use FOV normally for normal SP play.

Caine said:

thanks for the tips! whoch fov is again standard on pc? sad to ask cause you never had to use FOV normally for normal SP play.

It's basically down to screen size, aspect ratio, and personal preference. I don't think someone can say "the perfect FOV for PC is X".
I have a 16:9 display at 1080p at 27'', and I am comfortable with 110 to 115. But this is really up to everyone who plays the game. You gain advantages (especially in MP) with higher FOVs, and people simply tend to "adapt" to very high FOVs.

My personal taste: 27'' display at typical "viewing distance/angle", I play at 110 to 115.

YMMV.