Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fisheth

Just beaten the Cyberdemon...

Pretty cool boss fight, much better than Doom 3's Cyberdemon boss fight which I felt was always anti-climatic, however I felt that people playing with controllers may struggle with it as it needs really strong reaction times that I'm not sure that can be pulled off that precisely with input devices.

How is it for people on the consoles? I'm nowhere near that point on the PS4 version yet, so just wanted to ask.

Loving Doom thus far though, feels fresh. Almost as good if not better than W:TNO for sure.

julz_d said:

I regretted using up all my BFG ammo during the first half of the fight.

Same here ;)

julz_d said:

I regretted using up all my BFG ammo during the first half of the fight.

Yeah, that was my problem with the first attempt!

Pretty surprised too that there was a second part. But that was very nice.

I am playing on consoles since years. Last FPS on PC was the first crysis. Therefore i am used to playing with a controller and it is normal for me. I had no real problems with reacting etc. Only the laser beam was difficult to dogde since i dont know how this should work.

I keep getting annihilated on the second fight when you get warped into hell, does he still have a weak point?

Otus said:

Pretty surprised too that there was a second part. But that was very nice.

I am playing on consoles since years. Last FPS on PC was the first crysis. Therefore i am used to playing with a controller and it is normal for me. I had no real problems with reacting etc. Only the laser beam was difficult to dogde since i dont know how this should work.

Oh cool, how is it on a console? I'm on the PC so it's different, haha

Guess it´s different on console, too? I dont know how it feels with a higher frame rate, sure it looks better on pc, but all in all it should be the same game. Since i cant compare i cant tell you more.

I'm on PC but how exactly would this boss fight be hard(er) on console?

The only thing that's harder on console is aiming, the Cyberdemon is really easy to hit, you'd have to be REALLY bad to miss IMO. What made this boss fight hard was the dodging and timing of your jumps, movement isn't hard on a controller (it would be if it was a Quake style movement system, but it isn't).

Glaice said:

I keep getting annihilated on the second fight when you get warped into hell, does he still have a weak point?

I am able to make him stagger and drop ammo and health, but I don't know how. I also don't know how to dodge his charge shot, it follows you where you are. Just save your BFG shots for this part of the fight.

Use3D said:

I am able to make him stagger and drop ammo and health, but I don't know how. I also don't know how to dodge his charge shot, it follows you where you are. Just save your BFG shots for this part of the fight.

You keep moving towards the right/left, and as soon as his tracers stop moving to take the shot, immediately move to the other side, that's how to evade it.

There's a second or two interval before he actually fires the shot, that's how you avoid it, taking advantage of his slow aim.

Hey Denzoa, I'm having a really hard time with this Cybie guy. I need to try some new strategies. Could you elaborate on the "as soon as his tracers stop moving to take the shot" part of your post? I'm not sure what the tracers are, or which weapon he uses to take the shot after aiming. That second or two that he waits may be enough to allow me to keep a little more health. Can't seem to hurt him any more than 90% health or so. I'll never beat him at that rate. I did however pretty much learn the jump/crouch sequence when he sends the blades of fire, so that's not killing me as often. I've tried opening with the rocket launcher on Lock, the Gauss Cannon with and without projectile mod, the Chaingun, grenades; and still can't seem to have any real impact on his health. Also hit him once with my only BFG round, then ran to pick up the one behind him and hit him with that also, all to little avail.

Any advice for an old gamer that was already in his mid-forties when the original Doom came out? Love this game on a GTX 980 Ti Hybrid. Thanks in advance...

rebelyellNC said:

Hey Denzoa, I'm having a really hard time with this Cybie guy. I need to try some new strategies. Could you elaborate on the "as soon as his tracers stop moving to take the shot" part of your post? I'm not sure what the tracers are, or which weapon he uses to take the shot after aiming. That second or two that he waits may be enough to allow me to keep a little more health. Can't seem to hurt him any more than 90% health or so. I'll never beat him at that rate. I did however pretty much learn the jump/crouch sequence when he sends the blades of fire, so that's not killing me as often. I've tried opening with the rocket launcher on Lock, the Gauss Cannon with and without projectile mod, the Chaingun, grenades; and still can't seem to have any real impact on his health. Also hit him once with my only BFG round, then ran to pick up the one behind him and hit him with that also, all to little avail.

Any advice for an old gamer that was already in his mid-forties when the original Doom came out? Love this game on a GTX 980 Ti Hybrid. Thanks in advance...

The red lines you see when he's charging the big laser stop for a good second or two, when that happens, make sure you run the opposite way asap.

If you've noticed when he's firing the huge beam, he follows you with his lasers(tracers), these go a good centimeter infront of the position you're moving towards. If you keep running forward you'll run right into the beam, but if you pay attention he stops aiming for a second or two to charge the beam and shoot it, at this time you jump to the other side.

If you have the run that allows full air control equipped, you'll be able to do this much easier because you can keep looking at where he's aiming without having to turn away to jump to the opposite direction.

rebelyellNC said:

After he murdered and slayed me for around 5 times, I brought this bastard down using 3 weapons..

These weapons will bring him down with ease, a BFG + a fully upgraded siege mode for the gauss cannon "allow for movement while in siege mode" + a fully upgraded mobile turret for the chaingun "mobile turret wont stall due to overheating"..

First is a BFG shot in his face then switch to the gauss cannon in siege mode and use it as much as you can then switch to BFG again.. repeat till you're out of BFG ammo then switch to the gauss cannon in siege mode till you need to move fast then use the mobile turret..

...So uhh.
.I guess I'm the only to try killing him by gunbutting him? Failed miserably but it was worth a try.

I never used the gauss cannon siege against him. I think I emptied everything else though, I had micro missiles fully upgraded on the assault rifle(no need to reload) so I unloaded an entire clip on him which did a lot of dmg. Bfg, rockets , gauss cannon.

Focus on learning the attack patterns and tells, so you know when to dodge/jump/crouch is key

Hey that's some great info guys, thanks a lot. It looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I love using the micro missles, so that will be fun. Don't have the siege upgrade yet, so that may make it a little harder. Thanks again for all the advice...

I recently beat the game on UV on PS4 and I found the Cyberdemon to be a bit tricky. The second half of the fight felt like a copout but it did make it a little more intense. He did decapitate me quite a few times with his sword moves but not much more than the average tough arena fight. His missiles were pretty easy to evade. The charged shot always seemed calculated with a little more lead than necessary, just had to stop circle strafing and change direction. I emptied almost all my ammunition on him. First poked him a bunch of times with charged gauss cannon shots that held the fire button down with the rocket launcher for the rest of the fight. I think I had to shoot him a little with the chaingun too i cant remember. He's quite a damage sponge. The first time I beat him, something hacky happened and I couldn't glory kill him at the end. I don't know what happened but every time i went for it, my character would fly into him but nothing would happened, and he got a free curb stomp on my head. That was kinda lame. I thought I had to chainsaw him or something (which would have been cooler)

Like Doom 1, the final boss and the cyberdemon roles do seem a little reversed, don't they?