Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Your opinion about the soundtrack of new Doom?

the theme fucking sucks though. the reimagination... there is definitely dubstep elements in it. i like the music alot but it hasnt much doom feeling and no track has a full melody progression. always 10 second parts stop sound stop guitar stop etc.ok but forgettable...

Jaxxoon R said:

Caime needs 2 lern how 2 write k?

yeah im an idiot and noob, ok? i have to study english too to be perfect.

Arl said:

Maybe the music works well in the game, but as music pieces I find them quite awful and effortlessly made.

Well, you can hate the ost and all (that's fine). But when you say it's 'effortlessly made', hey, you're just fooling yourself. The musical pieces have some pretty intricated structures, a lot of details, layers and textures. Certainly it took a lot of effort to be made.

Noiser said:

Well, you can hate the ost and all (that's fine). But when you say it's 'effortlessly made', hey, you're just fooling yourself. The musical pieces have some pretty intricated structures, a lot of details, layers and textures. Certainly it took a lot of effort to be made.

I know we can often fall in the ground of criticizing the quality of something just because it does not meet our taste and expectation, I'm not denying that the guy who made the track put a lot of love and dedication to his craft, but not too much effort in the composition.

Maybe the guy is an excellent composer, but maybe Id required of him something basic that does not distract the people from the game, resulting in basic "riffs" with lots of stuff on top and weird "breakdowns" to extend each track for 10 minutes.

I just heard some of the Killer Instint Ost, I don't like it either, but the guy surely put some melodies in there, he is capable of doing more musicaly than what he did for Doom in my opinion.