Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
julz_d

The publish a snap map achievement was probably a bad idea

I've been playing a lot of snaps map today and I'm noticing a lot of it says something like the map name is ... I did it for the achievement/trophy all over the place or just names like bad map don't play. There was even one that was just called base with a description of base.... In a way this encourages people to just naturally publish shit maps.

It's genuinely lame idea as the map pool will get littered with "one room player start" garbage by trophy whores. Hope snap community will evolve and find the way to filter such spam. #Build like hell seems like a step in a good direction.

They should just make a checkbox "I publish this trash only for the achievement". If checked, player gets achievement and map gets deleted.

I will admit, to satisfy a friend of mine and earn my achievement I published a crappy Baron vs 2 Revenant Snapmap with a text message slandering Jews.

To be fair.. this is EXACTLY why achievements should be in games; many people wouldn't have bothered even TOUCHING snapmap if there wasn't an achievement. Maybe one of those people toys around, likes it, and really gets into mapping. That's a good thing. There's a bunch of shit, so what... how is it any different than the tens of thousands of shitmaps on /idgames.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to make wowsnap.wad

Well either way I don't plan on publishing my first one until it at least appears to be playable.