Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caine

Glory Kills should be FULLY optional! gamebreaker...

the fact that WITHOUT glorykilling you get less ammo and health plus you have to use more ammo on wanking (wtf?) enemies sucks ass!

this way you get somewhat forced to use them still which is a gamebreaker.....

i see how it could be fixed.

with a mod/option which would give u the same healthenergy of packs or maybe +5 when u disable glorykilling and enemies stop wanking.it should be fully optional...

Seriously, can you stop shitposting?

Glory kills are 100% optional, save for bosses, which have to be glory killed. The game will be much harder without using them, yes, but it's not impossible.

You don't have to press the Glory kill key, optionally you can turn off the Glory kil highlights if it bothers you .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You don't have to press the Glory kill key, optionally you can turn off the Glory kil highlights if it bothers you .

geez, and this solves the problems?

enemies still wank around and you have to kill em with extrashots, otherwise having wanking enemies is really doomlike....

glorykills is for noobs and consoleplayers. and i guess this is the majority nowadays.

ArchvileHunter said:

Seriously, can you stop shitposting?

Glory kills are 100% optional, save for bosses, which have to be glory killed. The game will be much harder without using them, yes, but it's not impossible.

then dont click em lol

Caine said:

glorykills is for noobs and consoleplayers. and i guess this is the majority nowadays.

Wow, stop insulting console players .

It's funny how much shitposting there was about fatalities in Brutal Doom when they weren't even a core mechanic and just there for shits and giggles. It wasn't even worth doing them most of the time and yet in Doom 4 they are mandatory and more excessive.

Caine said:

The whole game is based on a number of things. GKs are one of them. The maps have low amount of pickups, but not too low. That's one reason why GKs are there: replenishments. And we get an awesome finisher in the process!

So tell us... Have you experienced any difficulty in executing the GKs?

Anyways, it IS FULLY OPTIONAL. Marty said it himself! Just don't press the button and shoot.
If you don't want to GK, which requires you to go up to the enemy, then just shoot. Who said you need to go face-to-face eye-to-eye to shoot a gun?

Glory kills are acceptable, hell im even doing a non glory kill run on ultra-voilence. The bosses are acceptable since they feel satisfying than just the generic fall-down straight on it's face mechanic. It's very challenging, you have to conserve pick ups to suvive and have to be on your feet all the time.

I agree with you OP. While cool and shiny at first it becomes very apparent they're a fundamental design decision for combat, especially on Nightmare where if you want to survive you're forced to use them.

Glory Kills and Weapons mods are just fluff, design time that could have been better spent other places.

Doom 4 is trapped in this weird modern/old school cement. It's like ID wanted to go full old school but decided it best to restrict their design by modern 'realistic' principles to garner a broad profit base, which is why keys are always on a body, or you generally find a gun in someone's hand, not on a pillar that opens closets upon pick up (Which is DOOM, it's what many remember most about the game). The blow back of full old school could have either went really well or disastrously bad for ID so it seems they played it safe and found a middle.

I still love the game, though. Certainly better than anything we've gotten in years, and still requires more skill than a COD rail shooter.

Flesh420 said:

I agree with you OP. While cool and shiny at first it becomes very apparent they're a fundamental design decision for combat, especially on Nightmare where if you want to survive you're forced to use them.

Glory Kills and Weapons mods are just fluff, design time that could have been better spent other places.

Doom 4 is trapped in this weird modern/old school cement. It's like ID wanted to go full old school but decided it best to restrict their design by modern 'realistic' principles to garner a broad profit base, which is why keys are always on a body, or you generally find a gun in someone's hand, not on a pillar that opens closets upon pick up (Which is DOOM, it's what many remember most about the game). The blow back of full old school could have either went really well or disastrously bad for ID so it seems they played it safe and found a middle.

I still love the game, though. Certainly better than anything we've gotten in years, and still requires more skill than a COD rail shooter.

thanks, i really prefer also the ammo rewards from classic doom (am i not right?) where you got NO ammo from demons without weapons. which is better, why should i get ammo from IMPs glorykilling for my shoptgun? how stupid?

I would explain why it's actually pretty smart, but it's more worth the effort to let you know that I'm on to the fact that anything I say will mean absolutely nothing to you and your entire existence is based on riling other people up.

You can claim that that's wrong, but then you'd be lying. I'm not sure why such a horrid thing would exist, but hey, we don't know why a lot of things exist so there's that.

Arctangent said:

I would explain why it's actually pretty smart, but it's more worth the effort to let you know that I'm on to the fact that anything I say will mean absolutely nothing to you and your entire existence is based on riling other people up.

You can claim that that's wrong, but then you'd be lying. I'm not sure why such a horrid thing would exist, but hey, we don't know why a lot of things exist so there's that.

then try to explain why it's smart? for me glorykills are for noobs and a noobmechanic to get easily ammo/health, nothing more or less. it also fucks up the whole run and gun. now your turn?

Caine said:

then try to explain why it's smart? for me glorykills are for noobs and a noobmechanic to get easily ammo/health, nothing more or less. it also fucks up the whole run and gun. now your turn?

It gives you a chance to replenish health and ammo in the middle of a firefight, preventing you from getting into the situation that's all but unwinnable as long as you have the resources to stagger and approach one enemy, still facilitating the challenge of, you know, doing that, but rewarding the player with aggressive play in a game that's meant to be all about blasting away demons up closer and personal, which you know might be a good fit I'm just saying

Caine said:

wow. what a console kiddie

kid, you should grow up a little and realized that noobs like you are ruining everything that's good in life. just know that you really shouldn't exist :) the world is so full of shit these days

People insult people by calling people Noobs? I thought only 12 year olds do that. Weird. If you dont want to glory kill then dont do it. It's you the player, is the one that glory kills, not the game. If you wanted more of a challege, unbind that glory kill key and actually try to survive without glory killing everything.

Git gud.

Glory kills would only be for noobs if they were automatic and you didn't have to shoot the dude to GK him

The health bonuses are a life saver on ultra-nightmare, in fact they are really rare too (you'll have 20 health and GK will sometimes only give you 5 health)

Caine, we get it. You hate the new Doom and everything about it. You can reschedule the reminders to odd-numbered posts now instead of everything you ever type at DoomWorld dot com.

Besides which, as outlined in this thread, Glory Kills *are* fully optional outside boss finishers. In their weakened stagger state, most enemies only take a further single shot from the regular shotgun or a handful of un-upgraded pistol shots to finish; and you can avoid stagger altogether if your last regular hit did enough to kill.

Besides which, the only bonus you get (outside runes) is health, so if you're good enough at dodging you don't *need* the things.

Also, I don't really think you know what the word 'wanking' means.

BluePineapple72 said:

Glory kills would only be for noobs if they were automatic and you didn't have to shoot the dude to GK him

The health bonuses are a life saver on ultra-nightmare, in fact they are really rare too (you'll have 20 health and GK will sometimes only give you 5 health)

They always give you 5 health.

HellVain said:

People insult people by calling people Noobs? I thought only 12 year olds do that. Weird. If you dont want to glory kill then dont do it. It's you the player, is the one that glory kills, not the game. If you wanted more of a challege, unbind that glory kill key and actually try to survive without glory killing everything.

Git gud.

i think imma loose hope for IQ... how often do i read this? you dont have to do it? on ultra nightmare the shit game is UNBALANCED as shit cause it was designed that you use GLORY KILLS!
and wanking enemies fuck me up! i want to shoot them to pieces and not let them wanking, so i NEED TO SHOOT EXTRA AMMO!

BluePineapple72 said:

look what i wrote, this fuckgame is designed that you HAVE to use them in ULTRA NIGHTMARE, WITHOUT this shitfeature they would have given Helathpacks more health or put more healthpacks on maps...

ok, sorry, but i lost hope now and see how people dont start thinking, just post shit without even thinking about it and why this stuff is implemented like that.
and thats why i wrote down NOOBs.

im looking forward to Quake 5 the GLORY KILLING MACHINE :D, i hope they will also add QTE and health regeneration so people need again to think less and have less skills!

RIP ID Software. another studio gone the noobway.

Well.

I certainly feel satisfied that I actually manage to pretty much predict what he spewed out. What about you guys?

Oh no, the hardest setting is designed so that a knowledge of how to apply the game's various mechanics is necessary. Whatever will we do?

TheMightyHeracross said:

I thought gibbing enemies dropped bonuses?

Yes, the higher Difficulty is, the less bonuses they drop .