Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silrath

My first snapmap

I know, I know. "First maps always suck" Remember hearing that from the old days of Doom and Build editing. While back then we had to worry about the layout, it's not so much the case with snapmap, so my focus has been on trying to include and add some of the logic situations.

Starting with a simple battle of 4 imps, a switch leading into a room with a scripted event and a wave of enemies which also starts an alternating laser trap lead from a teleporter.

Co-op was designed in mind with areas that lock down, as such teleporters should appear for those that lag behind to get them one-way into locked rooms.

Later rooms include mini-boss sessions, survival timed periods, wave generation, moving respawn points as progression continues and a rather demolished final room with a red-herring exit and a final script leading into a battle.

Enemies drop resources while more powerful guns are found later in the map.

code: UGL8DYP5

Fair point, just will take a little time to get together for that. I'll get onto it now.

Mtjjrstccw1 said:

Does anyone know how to make someone lose points if they kill themself? Im trying to do this on my snapmap.

Yeah just look on the classic death match template. It's right there at the bottom by the player proxy set the negative one by default.

Sweet! Thanks!

While I'm here, I am also curious as to how I can possibly make someone spawn in a random location, as well as how to make it so that when I step on a pressure plate, it will keep spawning 1 demon at a time, but when I step off, no more demons spawn?

EDIT: Figured out the pressure plate problem, just not the random spawn problem.

Well and death match at least just by placing down the default player Spawn. In different locations it's going to automatically randomly Sawn you. BTW we're not trying to hijack this thread but we should probably try to keep it on topic .

Yeah I know, I am just unable to make my own topic right now cause of this sites 24 hour rule for newbies, ao I picked this thread cause this snapmap I'm doing IS MY first snapmap. So at least it'd be somewhat on topic.

OK that's fine I'm doing my first map too. I picked death match though as I figured it would be easier to learn for new people. Also I have more experience making those kind of maps. You should really check out the link to those videos I posted they could help.

If you link me, I can definitely watch. My level is a little more unique than your standard deathmatch. I decided my first level was gonna be a demon vs demon level. I figured out all the hard stuff, and the rest of just extra that would be nice to have.