Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

More CTD nonsense

Every single time I play the Lazarus Labs level, it crashes to desktop.

I updated my drivers, verified the game cache, but nothing seems to fix it.

This is the only level I have consistent crashes on.

Does anyone else experience this?

Is it just normal practice in the industry now to not show error messages when an error happens, or is it just something that this game does? Seems like it'd make it a real pain in the ass to troubleshoot, for both the user and the developers if they ever intend to try and fix it.

I just want a crash report or something. It's so annoying because if I knew it was caused by one particular visual effect or something then I could just disable it.

Have you looked in the Event Viewer?
Perhaps you might find something in the Windows Logs...

HavoX said:

Have you looked in the Event Viewer?
Perhaps you might find something in the Windows Logs...

I just checked. Nothing seems to have showed up.

Turn down your virtual texturing page size in the advanced settings. This has had mixed results, but I'm leaning towards something fuckular in your hardware if it keeps happening in the same place and not reproducible by anyone else.

I have all my performance info on, so I was checking to see if anything would spike.

Played a different level - the Advanced Research Complex. Crashed in the fan tube section. No notice. No warning. No spikes in anything performance-wise.

Yeah the CTD is a widespread issue on the PC version. For some they occur 'randomly', for others they occur under very specific conditions. No error messages, it just... stops. It's weird. But it's affecting so many people with so many different hardware and software configs that I'm sure Id have been able to reproduce them. Fixing it is another matter, which might explain why there hasn't been a patch yet. We've just gotta be patient.

what are your pc specs? Are you Running right at 8 RAM? That's Been a slight problem for me, Doom is a hella RAM hog.

I only had one CTD in my HMP run, I think at Destroyed Argent Tower, I was just chainsawing somethings and switched to my shotty, then it died. Not a single hiccup during my UV run, or afterward while I was cleaning up challenges/weapon upgrades. I've put about 50 hours into the game now.

DoomUK said:

Yeah the CTD is a widespread issue on the PC version. For some they occur 'randomly', for others they occur under very specific conditions. No error messages, it just... stops. It's weird. But it's affecting so many people with so many different hardware and software configs that I'm sure Id have been able to reproduce them. Fixing it is another matter, which might explain why there hasn't been a patch yet. We've just gotta be patient.

Yep, I've run into the CTD error as well. Happens after I've been playing a lot a reload after dying several times. It's annoying.

I've seen multiple crashes at the end of Argent Tower, Dime has had it multiple times on stream, I've had it once myself. Definitely a bug they need to address.

I've had one other random CTD and another during a load screen for a rune trial.

Not often enough to ruin the experience but annoying.

TraceOfSpades said:

Strange. That isn't happening on my xbox.

My xbox crashed a few times randomly

I've had CTDs, I've had seconds-long pauses in the middle of the game, and I've had steadily decreasing FPS until it becomes unplayable. All signs point to memory management problems.

A tweak guide for editing the CFG file can't come fast enough.

julz_d said:

My xbox crashed a few times randomly

Try reseting your Xbox often or go into the settings and do a full shutdown, Xbone has this weird problem (I don't know the technical aspects) Like a memory leak. Some Games effect it more then others, it'll cause the Xbone to slog down, the witcher 3 was really bad about it.

I've had the occassional CTD when things get very hectic, which I put down to overheating my slightly below spec GPU.

Otherwise the only consistant crash was at the top of the Argent Tower when everything turns white, but that was a lock-up/freeze rather than a crash to desktop. I discovered I had a massive Windows Update process running in the background, consuming about a gigabyte of resources, and purging that with Admin Tools, and/or using lower settings seemed to do the trick.