Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Cyberdemon vs. Spider Mastermind

If the new versions of those two bosses fought each other who do you think would win? If I recall correctly, the Spider Mastermind has more HP than the Cyberdemon (unlike in the classic games) and I think this alone shifts the odds towards the Spider Mastermind.

Patrol1985 said:

If the new versions of those two bosses fought each other who do you think would win? If I recall correctly, the Spider Mastermind has more HP than the Cyberdemon (unlike in the classic games) and I think this alone shifts the odds towards the Spider Mastermind.

Depends if their scripting works or not. If it does, the Cyberdemon gets killed when the floor turns electric, because he can't jump/can only walk on flat surfaces.

If the scripting is disabled (kinda like the E2M8 remake), and they only use the rocket launcher and the argent gun, it would depend on:

- how well does the Cyberdemon aim (as his rockets seem to have nearly no splash damage...will he hit the juicy parts or only the armored parts)
- how long are the bursts from the Spider Masterminds argent gun...is she firing without break?

Hard to say, but I think the Mastermind might win most of the time in this scenario IF she fires without pause, as the Cyberdemon has no armored parts and would nearly constantly (depending on how good she can lead his movement, since the gun is now projectile based, not hitscanning) take damage. Then again, IIRC, the Spider Mastermind doesn't move while firing the argen gun (similar to the classic when she fired the machine (shot)gun), and would take one rocket after another.

Damn, id, we need you here, give them to us in flat prefab rooms in SnapMap! There is science to be done!!!

The Spider Mastermind tends to attack in small bursts. I found the Cyberdemon to be attacking more often with scripts and no scripts. The only downfall for the CD would be its lack of health as it sort of relied on 2 lives.

Chezza said:

The Spider Mastermind tends to attack in small bursts. I found the Cyberdemon to be attacking more often with scripts and no scripts. The only downfall for the CD would be its lack of health as it sort of relied on 2 lives.

Unless the combined total was merged into one.

Yeah, they did a phenomenal job on the actual model itself and engraving...

but that paintjob is just, well...

Id say the Spider Mastermind would win because she has an insane melee leg sweep range and would keep on doing it till the cyberdemon died, not to mention she has a leg stab grab that would drag the cyberdemon closer to her each time.

Unholypimpin said:

Id say the Spider Mastermind would win because she has an insane melee leg sweep range and would keep on doing it till the cyberdemon died, not to mention she has a leg stab grab that would drag the cyberdemon closer to her each time.

But how would she jump over or duck under the sonic booms, or get out of the way of the rockets from the back? She might twist/juggle out of the beam cannon though...

I don't think it would matter too much since the spider mastermind has armor and the cyberdemon does not, the cyberdemons attacks would tickle not to mention the spider mastermind has double or triple the amount of health.

Unholypimpin said:

I don't think it would matter too much since the spider mastermind has armor and the cyberdemon does not, the cyberdemons attacks would tickle not to mention the spider mastermind has double or triple the amount of health.

BUT(!) how would the Mastermind remove the argent accumulator with those thin and tiny arms? :P

Didn't the mastermind get more worn down and ineffective as the battle with it went on while the cyberdemon fought at full force until he dropped dead from being shot at?

Jaxxoon R said:

Didn't the mastermind get more worn down and ineffective as the battle with it went on while the cyberdemon fought at full force until he dropped dead from being shot at?

Yep. The Mastermind seems to get damaged more and more when it's health is below 50%. At the end, IIRC it isn't even able to stand upright, but basically drags itself through the arena.

Cyberdemon16's rapid fire missles would totally destroy Mastermind16! But if Mastermind16 fought against Cyberdemon93 it would be the same result.