Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Doomcad woes

Hey, I just got a new computer with Win XP, and I can't get Doomcad to work on it. I was wondering if there is anything I can do about it, or if I'm just stuck and have to get a new level editor. I am really hoping there is a solution, and that it's not just incompatible with Windows XP, as I am rather fond of Doomcad, and am much more proficient with it than any other editor. This is a dreadful turn of events, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

geekmarine said:

or if I'm just stuck and have to get a new level editor.

Yes and Yes.

Er, nope, I had already tried that, it was no good. Are there any editors similar to Doomcad or anything, if all else fails?

geekmarine said:

Er, nope, I had already tried that, it was no good. Are there any editors similar to Doomcad or anything, if all else fails?

all else just failed, sorry bud :(

geekmarine said:

did you ALSO try the compatibility software on the XP CD?

geekmarine said:

Don't know what you mean by "similar". Doomcad was sort of odd. It had prefabs and then it did the DEU dot-to-dot thing. No other editor does that mix.

You can try DeePsea ( sbsoftware.com ) or WA - both Windows editors. WA is all prefabs, DeePsea is prefabs and/or linedrawing.

Or you can use DETH and have all the dot-to-dot you want if you got used to doing it that way. A few simple prefabs too.

Okay, sorry to bother you people, the crisis has been averted. I got myself a copy of Wadauthor, and peace has been restored to my quadrant of the universe. Phew, actually, I'm starting to like Wadauthor, and I haven't really had any problems at all adjusting to the new interface. Hehe, excuse me whilst I go off to do some level editing...