Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FLAW_88

Polygon and Doom...

It's really bad. You'd think that an editor, or someone in charge on content would see this and say 'Uh yeah, let's reshoot this, and this time have someone who's picked up a controller in the last 15 years give it a shot.'

Who cares it's Polygon.
They intentionally chose someone that would fumble through the game to troll-bait the butthurt brigade so they can use all the outrage directed at them for their next social commentary piece about gamers being a bunch of faggots.

kelliegator said:

Why is this worth getting upset over or making a thread about it?

Who's getting upset? It's hilarious!

Apparently the guy who did that gameplay run actually blocked the guy from ReviewTechUSA after he called him out on how much he sucked at the game.

SYS said:

Who cares it's Polygon.
They intentionally chose someone that would fumble through the game to troll-bait the butthurt brigade so they can use all the outrage directed at them for their next social commentary piece about gamers being a bunch of faggots.

Huh, this seems scarily accurate.

Someone is a little bit disillusioned I think, it's pretty bad. Maybe they found nihilism.

Use3D said:

Huh, this seems scarily accurate.

Only if you wrap your brain in tinfoil.

dethtoll said:

Only if you wrap your brain in tinfoil.

Yeah, I'd say it's more probable they're just incompetent soulless hacks that wing it and hope no one notices, because it's about clicks and who cares about the words inside. Thinking they're capable of conspiracies is giving them too much credit.

SYS said:

Who cares it's Polygon.

This isn't Kotaku, here.

I used to like some of their long-form articles but they've really gone downhill in the last few years, haven't they? I'm just baffled WRT that video, though. Did anyone actually review that and decide "okay looks good, throw it up there?" Or was it just submitted by the person playing, as-is?

As far as I can tell, though, it's mostly down to Arthur Gies and Colin Campbell being repeat offenders for this shit.

That doesn't really make much sense when you're putting up gameplay for people to watch and judge the game off of. That's like the "t-t-today, Junior!" kid from Billy Maddison releasing an audio book.

It makes sense from an exposure and advertisement standpoint, at 350K it's done much better than the avarage for their videos (top 12 at the moment after one week).

I was referring the defense that "gamin skill doesn't matter" that somewhere someone used or something according to that article.

Deatheye said:

I think we should rather bash IGN for their shitty review than this poor guy

Doom is a tale of two very different shooters (and one quirky creation tool). The single-player campaign's reverent worship of the series' roots results in an old-school run-and-gun shooter which feels like imitation Doom, a cover of an old hit which nails all the right power chords but isn't exactly transformative. The multiplayer's attempts to borrow from the new to reinvigorate the old results in an experience which won't satisfy either school of thought. SnapMap, meanwhile, is a blend of weird and simple and endearing.

How is that a "shitty" review? I am not exactly a big fan of IGN myself, but for once, I have to agree with their verdict.

I am actually more concerned with reviewers awarding Doom 2016 - or any game for that matter - with perfect scores.

This was probably played on an Xbox controller. Those things are absolute shit.

I know I wouldn't have trusted my grandma to write a review. She'd probably just laugh and go smoke some weed or something.

Bucket said:

This was probably played on an Xbox controller. Those things are absolute shit.

Xbox controllers are fine. This video is not.

kelliegator said:

Why is this worth getting upset over or making a thread about it?

Who said I was upset? Just think its rather weird and interesting ...do you have an issue?..