Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DBThanatos

D4D: Doom(4) for Doom [WIP]

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Is that map compatible with D4D? Or is it not quite what you were looking for?

It requires Skulltag, which is the issue. D4D can't work with Skulltag or Zandronum sadly.

There's multiple ways to get D4D running on that map. The simplest might be to compile Zandronum 4.0 yourself. I don't know if it will even work, but it's been updated past GZDoom 2.2.0 already, last I know.

Another way would be to start busting your chops and get some serious ACS coding done, so you can start rewriting the invasion game mode yourself. Some of the work is done for you in Stronghold so you could just use that. I'd get in touch with Tormentor667 if you ever want to publish your work with that, though, because you don't want to step on anyone's toes regarding copyright.

In the end, if you're willing to put some effort in, there's nothing that can stop you. :)

Sgt Ender said:

He said whenever zscript comes out (which is soon I think), he'll consider readding it. He removed it because powerups would timeout even while using the menu.

And a fuckton more reasons to top it off. It also was exploitable into possibly becoming super-invulnerable for a whole map, and grenades could be hijacked so you never have any cooldowns...

It's not going to be as feature complete as I thought it would be. So it'll have to wait possibly an extra iteration or two. Which means no improvements for the foreseeable future, but at least it doesn't burn your map time and let ACS continue running, or those horrific FPS drops one could randomly encounter.

How in the world do I get this to work? I downloaded all the lastest files off of MODdb, read the info on https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52164, tried to grab GzDOOM 2.2.0 but it does not exist in the archive.

Tested D4D against ZDOOM, Zandronum, and GzDOOM under Linux and Windows but failed with multiple errors.

This used to work for me, but no more. What gives?!