Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Do "Doom" devs check Doomworld ?

Just out of curiosity, Do "Doom" devs Check Doomworld to see what's going on, or read about Doom players opinions on Old and New Dooms ?

Past indications indicate that they do, yes. Though apparently discreetly and incognito (infrequently comment, if ever). Unless you're talking about like original id dev guys like Romero (and recently Aubrey Hodges who did the console version audio for psx/n64), who occasionally visit and comment.

Buckshot said:

Past indications indicate that they do, yes. Though apparently discreetly and incognito (infrequently comment, if ever). Unless you're talking about like original id dev guys like Romero (and recently Aubrey Hodges who did the console version audio for psx/n64), who occasionally visit and comment.

No i'm talking about the current members who helped in Making the New Doom and are still in ID Team .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

No i'm talking about the current members who helped in Making the New Doom and are still in ID Team .

I feel like only the really hardcore id fans would actually want to work for ID before doom 2016 came out so probably

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Yes they do.

If you worked at mcdonalds, would you research hamburger recipes?

40oz said:

If you worked at mcdonalds, would you research hamburger recipes?

Not necessarily, I doubt most McDonalds employees care about hamburgers outside of their job. However, a chef like the one from that John Faverau movie everyone should totally watch, most definitely! (Basically; McDonalds workers most likely care less about the "art of food" than a higher up person)

Yes, But there are many places they keep track of as they need to observe how fans are reacting to the game and to watch for bugs popping up and such.

Azazel Bloodfucker said:

I dunno but American McGee was on 8chan awhile ago.

That's kind of a shame, 8chan isn't really for decent people.

dethtoll said:

That's kind of a shame, 8chan isn't really for decent people.

Is any website ending in -chan meant for decent people?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Just out of curiosity, Do "Doom" devs Check Doomworld to see what's going on, or read about Doom players opinions on Old and New Dooms ?

Ask Romero. He knows.

scifista42 said:

SyncError and sponge identified themselves as contemporary members of idSoftware. See this post.

They're on the QL team though. But maybe they count for their hand in the qcon classic Doom tourney.

dethtoll said:

Probably not but 8chan is pretty bad.

8chans pretty fun, good times can be had there.I can have fun without getting worried about being banned for voicing my opinion like 4chan. The worst they can do is call you a faggot/cuck/shill/nigger.