Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechazawa

Random Tech Question

What causes some websites to go down for me but not others, seemingly randomly? For example, right now FB, doomworld and google work just fine.. but any microsoft, youtube, 50% of the google search results, and even doomwiki websites completely fail to load for me. In an hour or so everything will go back to normal; it just seems every once in ahwile (once a month?) half the sites I visit just don't load, they all timeout. Yet, everything else loads fine and fast.

Posting here because I can't get most google search results to work.

Mechazawa said:

What causes some websites to go down for me but not others, seemingly randomly? For example, right now FB, doomworld and google work just fine.. but any microsoft, youtube, 50% of the google search results, and even doomwiki websites completely fail to load for me. In an hour or so everything will go back to normal; it just seems every once in ahwile (once a month?) half the sites I visit just don't load, they all timeout. Yet, everything else loads fine and fast.

Posting here because I can't get most google search results to work.

This happens very rarely for me (like you said).

I just close my browser then open it again then go to that site again.
And if that doesn't work, then something is wrong on the other side of the connection, so I give it a rest.
The next day I launch, it works fine.

Or maybe your connection is poor or has been tampered with. It also causes timeouts.

I had a similar problem, but it was a bit more hilarious. The browser sometimes can't open anything at all, but skype and tunngle (and nothing else, even the ads won't load) works fine. Everything else says that there's no connection. ping 8.8.8.8 won't work either. Fixes itself within a hour. Is it related to DNS as well?