Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azuruish

Do you really believe in existence of Paradise and Hell after death?

DoomzRules said:

Yes.

Yes I do.

I'm Catholic.

I'm sure people will most likely bash me.

But I'm not very devout, nor do I try to be. I just try to live my life as God intends for me to, I try to be humble, and I try to just work hard so I can live a nice, peaceful, and quiet life.

I incorporate bits and tenants of Zen Buddhism into my Catholic beliefs. God bless everyone, including the atheists on here. I'm not trying to force my religion on anyone, just saying my beliefs, and just saying bless all of you that's all.

So anyway, I bid you adieu and rip and tear my friends in Doom! :D Hey that rhymes! :3

Prepare to get bashed by MistAche talking about how weak your post was or some obnoxious shit like that.

But I am not too different from you.

Hrmnnnn... I do.

But I don't think that voth "god" and "devil" exist separately and even two different something-something. Same about Hell\Heaven. I believe in existing, but don't believe those places aren't same.

I hope reincarnation is a real thing.

Or perhaps we get to live our lives again in some other plane of time; dying and being reborn in an infinite loop.

Maybe our individual lives are just a small amounts of energy flowing through the synapse of a larger universal consciousness. If time and space are an illusion, and we're made of energy; I think this could be plausible.

If matter can't be destroyed, only broken down and reassembled; than its may be likely we could be recreated as we are. Even give the fact that the odds would be extremely unlikely; time has no end. So even extremely small possibilities must happen; infinitely. What ever makes you, you, can be reborn.

*(I'm not claiming to know for sure. this is just stuff I think about.)

I know that some doomgods around here looped a few times with their memory intact after death, hence their crazy skills. But I can't share the evidence without being supressed so you'll have to believe me.

Just don't imagine taking Okuplok by surprise with one of your more hardcore than hardcore maps. Chances are he already beat it in a previous timeline.

I think the concept of time is very interesting. Our simplified understanding of time is linear. For example, if I had lived on Pluto, my experience of 31 years, based on the earth calendar would feel the same to me. But on earth, 7,688 years would have gone by. If we remove ourselves from earth's gravity, and farther from the sun; we make giant leaps forward in time relative to earth.

This is what Planet of the Apes is based on.

Edit:

Our "time" is created by the mass of the sun bending space-time. This is what creates the illusion of gravity. Objects are trapped, spiraling the bend in space-time caused by objects of large mass.

here's an example:

insanoflex312 said:

I've never been asked to provide physical evidence for a logical deductive argument in my life. It's akin to asking "Can I see evidence that 2+2=4?"

That right there is enough to know you are wasting your time talking to this bag of bricks.

Kontra Kommando said:

For example, if I had lived on Pluto, my experience of 31 years, based on the earth calendar would feel the same to me. But on earth, 7,688 years would have gone by. If we remove ourselves from earth's gravity, and farther from the sun; we make giant leaps forward in time relative to earth.

I have to say I really don't understand what you're saying. Is this just a very profound way of saying "Pluto revolves around the Sun once in 248 Earth years", or does time itself slow down dramatically there because of the greater distance from the Sun?

Kontra Kommando said:

Our "time" is created by the mass of the sun bending space-time. This is what creates the illusion of gravity. Objects are trapped, spiraling the bend in space-time caused by objects of large mass.

How is time created by the Sun if time already exists in space-time? What do the quotation marks around "time" mean? Why is gravity an illusion?

dew said:

http://i.imgur.com/oBJeJkZ.gif

I have to say I really don't understand what you're saying. Is this just a very profound way of saying "Pluto revolves around the Sun once in 248 Earth years", or does time itself slow down dramatically there because of the greater distance from the Sun?

the 31 years you perceive on Pluto, will actually be 7,688 Earth years. Albert Einstein proposed this to be with a concept known as time dilation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

dew said:

How is time created by the Sun if time already exists in space-time? What do the quotation marks around "time" mean? Why is gravity an illusion?

What I meant was that a object of large mass, like the sun creates a curvature in space-time. The rotation around the large mass object creates the liner-man made understanding "Time"; 12 months based on the rotation. Nevertheless, it our time is inconsistent with other times.

Kontra Kommando said:

Maybe our individual lives are just a small amounts of energy flowing through the synapse of a larger universal consciousness. If time and space are an illusion, and we're made of energy; I think this could be plausible.

Deepak Chopra called. He wants his woo back.

Kontra Kommando said:

If matter can't be destroyed, only broken down and reassembled; than its may be likely we could be recreated as we are. Even give the fact that the odds would be extremely unlikely; time has no end. So even extremely small possibilities must happen; infinitely. What ever makes you, you, can be reborn.

Does reincarnation count if it's a copy? That's what you're talking about. Why you think that has anything at all to do with conservation of energy/mass I have no idea.

Kontra Kommando said:

the 31 years you perceive on Pluto, will actually be 7,688 Earth years. Albert Einstein proposed this to be with a concept known as time dilation.

No. Time dilation relies on one object moving much, much faster relative to the other. Pluto doesn't zoom around the sun thousands of times faster than Earth. If it did we wouldn't be able to catch it with probes, and even then we wouldn't be able to communicate with our probes properly. How the hell did you come up with such a ridiculous conclusion?

Kontra Kommando said:

What I meant was that a object of large mass, like the sun creates a curvature in space-time. The rotation around the large mass object creates the liner-man made understanding "Time"; 12 months based on the rotation. Nevertheless, it our time is inconsistent with other times.

Again no. Time being linear has nothing to do with gravity. Gravity wells dilate time. The effect isn't worth talking about unless you're inside the event horizon of a black hole.

Kontra Kommando said:

For example, if I had lived on Pluto, my experience of 31 years, based on the earth calendar would feel the same to me. But on earth, 7,688 years would have gone by

This is not true at all. The rate of time dilatation is relative to the velocity difference between two reference frames, not distance. The actual clock difference over 31 years would be closer to the tune of several seconds, not thousands of years.

Kontra Kommando said:

the 31 years you perceive on Pluto, will actually be 7,688 Earth years.

Time doesn't literally pass slower on Pluto just because it goes round the sun slower. If you spend 31 Earth years on Pluto, you still age 31 years. The only difference is that you haven't gone around the sun 31 times.

So velocity has more to do with the experience of time, than the distance of which it moves on the curvature? I have to admit, I'm a neophyte when it comes to astrophysics. I do wish to learn more about it.

Edit:in regards to time dilation; so basically an object moving 10x faster than earth, will experience time 10x the rate relative to earth?

Edit2: if Pluto (or any object) moved 248x faster than earth, it would cause time dilation to the point I had previously suggested?

Regards edit 1, it's a bit more complex than that. I don't remember 100% well, but I think there's a value that affects the amount of time dilation (the Lorentz factor) and calculating it involves an equation that contains the speed of the object as a fraction of the speed of light, a square root, and then the factor is the reciprocal of that answer. Someone can probably explain it in more detail :P

To edit 2, that would be about 2% of the speed of light (only relative to the sun but let's keep things simple), not remotely close to what you'd need to get the amount of time dilation you suggested. Maybe over 90-95% would be a bit closer.
So yeah, you need to be moving pretty damn fast for time dilation to be noticeable in the first place.

edit: ^Just to emphasise that, 248 times the speed of the earth is almost the distance between New York and Moscow in a second.

DoomzRules said:

Yes.

Yes I do.

I'm Catholic.

I'm sure people will most likely bash me.

But I'm not very devout, nor do I try to be. I just try to live my life as God intends for me to, I try to be humble, and I try to just work hard so I can live a nice, peaceful, and quiet life.

I incorporate bits and tenants of Zen Buddhism into my Catholic beliefs. God bless everyone, including the atheists on here. I'm not trying to force my religion on anyone, just saying my beliefs, and just saying bless all of you that's all.

So anyway, I bid you adieu and rip and tear my friends in Doom! :D Hey that rhymes! :3

wow this post didn't make me cringe, and I also approve of it as well. Crazy.

TraceOfSpades said:

Prepare to get bashed by MistAche talking about how weak your post was or some obnoxious shit like that.

But I am not too different from you.

Take it easy big fella. You aren't allowed to be a dick, remember?

I still thought it was a neat read.

Could be that the kid just happened to witness a body being buried along with a murder weapon.

Aliotroph? said:

Does reincarnation count if it's a copy? That's what you're talking about. Why you think that has anything at all to do with conservation of energy/mass I have no idea.

If we live in a 4-D universe, and time is not linear; haven't perceived future events technically already happened/exist? Such as our death?

EDIT: https://youtu.be/YycAzdtUIko?t=5m30s

I posted this video earlier, but I'm reposting it to start at 5:30, because it discusses this topic.

What happens after death? Apparently the event of our death already exists.

Chezza said:

wow this post didn't make me cringe, and I also approve of it as well. Crazy.

Yup. Funny there are rational people out there in this world. Anyway, sometimes I question reality itself in general. Xenoblade Chronicles really opened my eyes in that regard. For a time I was agnostic, I just became Catholic again because I realized all the stuff that Jesus had to suffer through to save us all. I mean I incorporate Zen in my belief system, so it's kinda Zen Catholicism Buddhism if that makes sense?

:)

DoomzRules said:

Yup. Funny there are rational people out there in this world. Anyway, sometimes I question reality itself in general. Xenoblade Chronicles really opened my eyes in that regard. For a time I was agnostic, I just became Catholic again because I realized all the stuff that Jesus had to suffer through to save us all. I mean I incorporate Zen in my belief system, so it's kinda Zen Catholicism Buddhism if that makes sense?

:)

Yeah, and by the time you reach puberty you will have come full circle. Don't worry we've all had self-identity issues at some stage.

MistAche said:

Yeah, and by the time you reach puberty you will have come full circle. Don't worry we've all had self-identity issues at some stage.

Why are you so condescending toward someone who hasn't done anything to you?

TraceOfSpades said:

Why are you so condescending toward someone who hasn't done anything to you?

I don't think I was being all that condescending, more factual. It's a commonality among young people in search of themselves to jump from one ideology to another, attempt to look like or imitate other people or things they familiarize themselves with. Evolution of the Self.

Hopefully hell will be like Doom. Probably not going to be any weapons down there though.

MistAche said:

MistAche said:

I don't think I was being all that condescending, more factual. It's a commonality among young people in search of themselves to jump from one ideology to another, attempt to look like or imitate other people or things they familiarize themselves with. Evolution of the Self.

I would be willing to believe you, about this phenomenon, if you could provide some statistics from reputable sources. Specifically, what is the percentage of people that come full-circle, and return to their religion.

Edit: Also, it would need to have a considerably large sample, since you're talking about all youths (in Western countries? if so which ones?)

EDIT 2:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2012-04-05/religion-catholic-baptist/54055072/1

According to this article, Pew found that more than half of Americans change their religion, but only 9% return to their birth-religion, after they have switched it.

According to the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, more than half of Americans say they've switched religions at least once, but just 9% of U.S. adults say they've returned to the pews, practices and prayers that shaped them.

MistAche said:

I'm 16. I entered puberty at the age of 9 years old. I have a deep voice in real life, and I'm hairy (I blame my Southern European genes! LOL).

Self-identity issues? Nope, don't have any such issues. It's more of questioning reality itself.

If you can't question what is presented in front of you, if you can't question your own faith, your own beliefs, your own morals, then I don't know why we exist on this planet if we can't even ask questions about life itself.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a fantastic JRPG (one of the best IMHO) and that game really opened my eyes up to questioning everything.

I mean "We aren't puppets of Zanza!"

It sounds like how we aren't puppets of religions, politics, or anything like that!

WE ARE FREE TO CHOOSE WHAT WE WANT TO DO!

We can do whatever we want.

Me? I chose to become Catholic again. I was born and raised Catholic, but I developed agnostic beliefs after falling out with religion. Then I went back to being Catholic again, though I'm not really devout.

I just kinda incorporated it with Zen Buddhism, and I identify as a Zen Catholic a good majority of the time.

If there is a problem with that then IDK man. I'm not trying to be a dick to anyone here, or trying to be a jerk to anyone.

My thing is you should do onto others as you want done unto you, and you shouldn't force your beliefs down anyone's throat.

I don't care if it's religious or nonreligious, because the funny thing is...

Atheists say that religious people force religion down their throats, but I've seen the inverse happen.

Atheists forcing atheism down regular people's throats who aren't even extremists.

Just saying that it goes both ways, and quite frankly I don't like either side.

I just think we should all just go about our daily lives in peace, happiness, and harmony and respect each other's beliefs.

Everyone has their own interpretations of the afterlife, so we should just leave it at that.

I mean I'm Christian and I believe that there is a Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell.

But eh just me I suppose. The Zen part of me being Zen Catholic refers to how I meditate Zen, and I sorta incorporate the whole simplistic aesthetic belief into my life I guess.

It's why I prefer Apple to Microsoft (except well... Microsoft makes the Xbox. :P)

So you know yeah.

:D

Umm although I care to hear about everyone's views on life after death I just want to know, how did we get from talking about life after death to puberty?