Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow a bunch of flat rooms and hallways clogged with monsters. Pls upload this to /idgames, hilarious results ensured!

I killed about 25% of the monsters without coming anywhere near death before quitting due to boredom. Basically all of the gameplay consists of (1) opening a door (2) holding down fire as hordes of completely non-threatening monsters (usually barons) slowly advance (3) retreating to one of the comically oversized ammo piles to restock (4) repeating steps two and three until everything is dead. You can do a lot better than this. I'd recommend playing some successful wads to get a handle on what good gameplay feels like. Don't even worry too much about aesthetics for now -- just get a better sense of how to design a passable combat scenario.

Some screenshots (I literally had to turn on God Mode for some of these).

Just a bland empty room with a pile of ammo, nothing special.

OH SHIT, BARONS.

Ya know, just throw In sum Arches and stuff, 'cause that's what makes a good WAD.

RIP.

I hope you get better, because this Isn't what makes a WAD good, and thousands of monsters and Wolfenstein/Nazi references doesn't help either.

Why so many new mappers makes maps with "chillax" difficulty where impossible to finish without TAS?
It's getting harder and harder... Over and over...

I actually tried to beat the map today, and noticed until near the end it's quite easy. Later you can get surrounded fast. There is a lot traps which open when you move, and you need all 3 keys and a switch to get to the end.

Shooting the mage at mid-area few times with rockets makes him fall to the pit nicely.