baja blast rd.

Specific Things in Doom that Amuse You Greatly

On 8.10.2016 at 4:17 PM, Jimmy said:

MnlB9ccl.png

oC2Q42wl.png

CZpoJsdl.png

DhTNsUhl.png

Lol those screens are hard.  Especially the one with the invul

The sound of crushing/gibbing monsters in the PSX Doom/Doom 64 amuses me...the more that you crush or gib them at the same time, the better...

The Pinky Demon.  Especially with Fast Pinkies enabled.  I've just always found them strangely adorable.  No clue how a beast like that could run around at Sanic speeds.  The thing looks like it should have a hard time keeping its head up.

When Revenants, Hell Knights and other enemies hit each other accidentally, resulting in an infight, and when barrels actually do their job.

A lost soul charging from a distance while I was running along some ramparts impacting a barrel I had run past, exploding the barrel and itself and sending its disintegrating remains flying back in the direction whence it came.

• Ghost monsters
  • Killing monsters on the ground by rocketing cacos above them
  • Killing cacos above by rocketing monsters on the ground
  • Getting 3 out of 7 secrets in a map :-)

The map I'm working on is taking a good two whole minutes to save every time, so when I spawned as a voodoo doll I idclipped into the main map, since I was just looking at some visuals. A bit later I activated a use trigger and it didn't work, which is when I realized that I must have been the voodoo doll responsible for it! 

7 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

The map I'm working on is taking a good two whole minutes to save every time, so when I spawned as a voodoo doll I idclipped into the main map, since I was just looking at some visuals. A bit later I activated a use trigger and it didn't work, which is when I realized that I must have been the voodoo doll responsible for it! 

That's what happens when you pull my dolls out of their conveyors :p

But what were the odds? :p

I always enjoy pumping rockets into a hoard of baddies while strafe-running/circle-strafing around them so I can observe my rockets flying into them from the side. Oddly satisfying.

23 hours ago, ScreechingBoner said:

I can't get enough of how grumpy Mancubi sound when damaged.

It is indeed weirdly satisfying sound.

As of late, running into a wave or waves of enemies and successfully backtracking like a rocket between them without taking any or just little damage, makes me feel like lightning.

The sound after firing a rocket into a bunch of zombiemen.

When zombiemen and shotgunners infight with monsters way bigger than them, and get completely destroyed. Thats what they get for accidentally hitting a demon, with their underpowered lil peashooter rifle. It's like they say, don't dish it out if you can't take it! 

This has probably already been stated on here, but when an enemy shoots a barrel and then gets killed in the blast.

Finding the last secret near the exit where you didn't expect it to be

Finally, now I can move on to the next map!

For me it's when I get spotted by several zombiemen simultaneously who end up using the same spotting sound, which results in a a very amplified groan, as if I was spotted by a very large zombieman.

Demons/Spectres gibbing zombiemen or sergeants with their melee attack.

This is something that can only happen in ports which allow monster dropoffs (so boom I believe), but revs infighting and punching monsters off of ledges will never get old to me. heh