Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ExIm

[ACS] Is there a way to trigger pick up flash via ACS?

Recently I just started creating a new map and I want to include an "Ammo Refilling System" in it. Just like vending machine, there is a switch that will give the player a few of ammo when he press it.

Right now, I can add ammo into inventory using GiveActorInventory function and create pickup sound using AmbientSound function. However, I can't find a way to make a screen flash just like when you pick up an item. I want to know if there is a way to trigger flash event using ACS (or you may suggest any other method).

Actually, one possible solution I come up with is that I just have to spawn ammo over the player head. However, this solution will not work if the player is in clipping mode. If possible, I want the ammo to go directly to player inventory (Well, maybe I am asking too much :P).

Thanks Boris. That's a good idea. Anyway, I just found another method to simulate pick up flash which requires only 3 lines of ACS code. Here is my solution:

FadeTo (183, 177, 150, 0.3, 0.03);
delay(1);
FadeTo (0, 0, 0, 0, 0.03);

Function FadeTo allow me to alter the color on screen for a specific time so I just set the time to be very short which is similar to your suggested solution.