Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomPhreak

powerup question

Can someone tell me what each powerup looks like? There are a few red and yellow ones and I can't tell them apart. The only one I recognize is quad damage, since it's purple. I can't Google any images since the game is only two weeks old. Thanks.

Yellow = Haste
Red with blue Inside = Invisibility
Orange with Star inside = Demon Rune

DoomPhreak said:

Is the berserk powerup the one that looks like a red fire ball? Is there an invulnerability powerup?

Yes. It's a green pickup.

Edit: sorry wrong quote. The invulnerability is what I was referring to :)

Nope, 60 Seconds only, it would be op if it lasts the whole level, Because it's basically 1 hit = kill .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Yellow = Haste
Red with blue Inside = Invisibility
Orange with Star inside = Demon Rune

I had thought the Invisibility one looked sort of like an eye (unless that was just an illusion from the coloring of it).

LittleBurger said:

I had thought the Invisibility one looked sort of like an eye .

It is actually, i just wanted to sound like a nerd :3 .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Nope, 60 Seconds only, it would be op if it lasts the whole level, Because it's basically 1 hit = kill .

I don't know why they couldn't just make berserk behave like in classic Doom, i.e. not as OP, and you do get a chance of getting hurt even while using berserk. Here, berserk is practically like invulnerability. You mean they couldn't do what classic Doom could do decades ago?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I wonder why they didn't just let you have the ability to punch for the rest of that level after the time limit for its main effect ended.

DoomPhreak said:

I don't know why they couldn't just make berserk behave like in classic Doom, i.e. not as OP, and you do get a chance of getting hurt even while using berserk. Here, berserk is practically like invulnerability. You mean they couldn't do what classic Doom could do decades ago?

You can still get pretty well wrecked in Berserk mode if you're not careful. I nearly got my ass handed to me when I got too cocky and dived into a group and tried to mow through them. It's pretty easy to regain health while in berserk though since you're always right up in the area the pickups will drop.