Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Predict the Rotten Tomatoes score for the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot

35%. Enough morons will back it just to be hip, even though the trailers are unbearable. I cant imagine sitting through more than 5 minutes of such a passionless Hollywood cashgrab. This is how I feel about many recently released films though, even some of the positively received ones. Trite boring rehashed themes with a "fresh" coat of paint that somehow makes it even worse = current trend in big movies at the moment.

^ any higher than 40 and it's because Sony bribed RT to exaggerate the rating

Fucking nerds are really prone to tin-foil hat lines of thinking aren't they?

I'm predicting 60% because most movie reviewers are, in fact, not nerds. It probably won't be great, but y'all are acting like it's the worst thing to happen to society since universal suffrage.

I have no opinion on the new movie myself, but I do think the sheer geek meltdown over it is kind of embarrassing. It's a movie, get a grip.

25%
Critics Consensus: A competent cast gets dragged to the netherworld in an uneven film with a weak script and humor as old as the ghosts the titular characters try to combat.

dethtoll said:

I'm predicting 60% because most movie reviewers are, in fact, not nerds. It probably won't be great, but y'all are acting like it's the worst thing to happen to society since universal suffrage.

I have no opinion on the new movie myself, but I do think the sheer geek meltdown over it is kind of embarrassing. It's a movie, get a grip.

It's not a movie friend, it's trash.

dethtoll said:

I'm predicting 60% because most movie reviewers are, in fact, not nerds.

No way in hell is it getting a 60%. Also, you're a senior member on a site for a 20 year old game. Yeah, you're not a nerd buddy.

rileymartin said:

No way in hell is it getting a 60%. Also, you're a senior member on a site for a 20 year old game. Yeah, you're not a nerd buddy.

Azazel Bloodfucker said:

It's not a movie friend, it's trash.

Thank you both for proving my point. <3

Also I think there's a difference between still posting on a forum I've been a member of since 2004 and having a massive manbaby meltdown over a fucking movie. Also, I have mega disdain for the kind of thinking that leads to conspiracy theories like "Sony will bribe RT to bump up the rating." Grow up or get funny, but either way get a grip.

dethtoll said:

Thank you both for proving my point. <3

Also I think there's a difference between still posting on a forum I've been a member of since 2004 and having a massive manbaby meltdown over a fucking movie. Also, I have mega disdain for the kind of thinking that leads to conspiracy theories like "Sony will bribe RT to bump up the rating." Grow up or get funny, but either way get a grip.

You're so fucking cool man. God damn, look how edgy and awesome you are. I gotta say, you really got those youngsters!

Sarcasm aside, you're the one that needs to grow the fuck up if you can't handle someone else having a different opinion. Absolutely embarrassing really, when you're trying to tout yourself as the hottest, oldest, and wisest shit in town

Someone's diaper got full rather quickly tonight.

No need to fight guys, my post was just jokes. But in my opinion movies like ghost busters have no need to be remade. Especially not with some type of agenda behind it.

dethtoll said:

y'all are acting like it's the worst thing to happen to society since universal suffrage.

I've seen far more of this from the people defending the movie than the ones criticising it. Merely expressing dislike for it apparently makes you an instant woman hater in many circles of the web, so I've just been sorta avoiding videos and other discussion on the topic as it's absurdly divisive. I can only assume its gotten even more insane on both sides of the fence in the last month or so.

66.6%

They should make a movie about the fucking reactions to, and debates about, this movie. I think I'd like that one more. I don't even have plans to see the new Ghostbusters. Not because of any vendetta either, I just don't feel the need.

Who gives a toss about Ghost Busters... I mean really?

I'm looking forward to the new Nicholas Refn flick personally, 'The Neon Demon'.

25% I'd say. It looks insufferably awful, if the trailer is any indication.

I think it'll get more than 50%, because SJWs will back it, because, y'know, all wimmins cast..

you know what I do when I think a movies is going to be bad I just go online and talk and talk and talk about it marketing hates that

ChekaAgent said:

I think it'll get more than 50%, because SJWs will back it, because, y'know, all wimmins cast..

This sure was a comment.