Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Predict the Rotten Tomatoes score for the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot

Misrepresenting all males as mindless numbskulls and all females as complete opposite spectrum high-IQ brainiacs who have to constantly put up with male idiocy (usually in the form of the frustrated wife and doofus husband who knows nothing) has been around for years in the media from movies to tv shows to commercials to store poster advertisements...I'm frankly quite sick of it.

Captain Red said:

It's such a shame their are so few strong and capable male characters in movies these days.

I think that here it is a matter of context; whether or not any general phenomena exist is irrelevant to this instance.

Wow, are we complaining about people acting like idiots in comedy movies now, it's almost like we ran out of things to be angry about lol

Sorry, it's just that when people used to get angry about America cinema having an agenda, they used to blame the Jews, not women. I forget that this is a new generation who thinks for itself.

didn't you know? an agenda of being more inclusive towards women is bad...

...for some reason. it's just bad!!! them femninmnists!!!

PureSlime said:

didn't you know? an agenda of being more inclusive towards women is bad...

It's not about being inclusive towards women but about "sticking it to the white man" with that bragging about having mostly female production staff and all that nonsense.

I think we should return to the days of white men wearing black face. Because on top of the fact we have these black guys like Christ Hart making fun of white people, now we have these women all over the movies, I just don't feel safe anymore guys. The movies was the place I went to escape reality. And now you're telling me I can't choose to see a movie with a bunch of white males in it? Oh.. oh wait nvm

rileymartin said:

It's not about being inclusive towards women but about "sticking it to the white man" with that bragging about having mostly female production staff and all that nonsense.

If you think it is nonsense why do you care how they brag? Do you feel like opportunities to work as a male in Hollywood are endangered due to this prejudice?

I don't think it will be awful, I don't expect it to be as good as the original either. If I like it, cool, another good Ghostbusters movie, if I don't, at least there'll always be the originals. Now if you wanna complain about bad movies, Sausage Party looks like the most soulless, unfunny piece of garbage to hit the big screen in a while.

Edit: took out a few parts because I don't want to get involved in any arguments

rileymartin said:

tbh white men kinda do need it stuck to them to begin with so I don't see the reason to complain

soulweeper said:

Now if you wanna complain about bad movies, Sausage Party looks like the most soulless, unfunny piece of garbage to hit the big screen in a while.

Oh god yeah, those trailers are dire. Seth Rogen is quickly leveling up and soon he might challenge Adam Sandler for the crown of the top Hollywood shill. Look, it's got me and my friends in it and we make dumb sex jokes and slapstick!

But I bet some of our friends in this thread will love it, because it has sympathetic (*he recoils at his own words*) funny male guysausage whose sole motivation is to lay a cute giggling bimbobun. Get it haha, men are reduced to dicks and women to pussies, so funny.

Oh and guess what company produces it. I'll give you a hint: According to this thread, they are SJW shills paying off the critics to appease the feminazis. Maybe Sony are the good guys after all?!

PureSlime said:

tbh white men kinda do need it stuck to them to begin with so I don't see the reason to complain

I find the idea of "sticking" something to someone because of their skin colour which they have no control of to be reprehensible. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

That said when it comes to casting a film, who gives a damn, it's a movie. I just mean in general.

PureSlime said:

Fighting racism with racism is pretty stupid. Don't give me any of that 'only white people can be racist, power + privilege' nonsense either. Saying a group of people deserve something because of their skin color is racist. Full stop.

Glaice said:

I hope these are relevant to the thread topic.

I mean sure, since that first vid was already linked in this thread

But seriously, you "hope these are relevant to the thread topic" ? Did you not watch the videos and determine if they are relevant? Did you just randomly post them here and "hope" they had some bearing? Because if so that's just stupid on your part.

PureSlime said:

Ok then, shall we start "sticking it" to you first and work our way up from there?

Everything I've seen of this movie when it comes to actual footage (and I certainly haven't gone out of my way to get exposed) just pisses me off and looks like garbage. The jokes, the timing, the delivery, the writing, it all just completely falls flat.

dew said:

Oh god yeah, those trailers are dire. Seth Rogen is quickly leveling up and soon he might challenge Adam Sandler for the crown of the top Hollywood shill. Look, it's got me and my friends in it and we make dumb sex jokes and slapstick!

I haven't seen any of Seth Rogan's movies but the trailers for this one sure don't leave a good first impression. Almost every joke is "lol the hot dog said fuck isnt that funny guys xDDDDD"

Plus a lot of people who commented on the trailer on YouTube said something like "OMG I THOUGHT THIS WAS A KIDS' MOVIE BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!!!" I mean, it's called Sausage Party. Most people know what the term sausage fest means, and Sausage Party is only one synonym off. The only way the title could be any clearer is if it was "Food Items Make Sex Jokes"

and the worst part is that I know so many people are going to see it and love it and make it a hit, influencing other animation studios to make their own crappy "adult" animated film.

soulweeper said:

I haven't seen any of Seth Rogan's movies but the trailers for this one sure don't leave a good first impression. Almost every joke is "lol the hot dog said fuck isnt that funny guys xDDDDD"

Plus a lot of people who commented on the trailer on YouTube said something like "OMG I THOUGHT THIS WAS A KIDS' MOVIE BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!!!" I mean, it's called Sausage Party. Most people know what the term sausage fest means, and Sausage Party is only one synonym off. The only way the title could be any clearer is if it was "Food Items Make Sex Jokes"

and the worst part is that I know so many people are going to see it and love it and make it a hit, influencing other animation studios to make their own crappy "adult" animated film.

Fun fact: the script from Sausage Party was leaked with the Sony documents a while back.

If you read it, you'll realize the entire movie hinges on the "hotdog-goes-in-bun" joke. Like, that's it. That's the joke. That's the whole movie.

Also it ends in a big explicit food orgy because just being vile is comedy, apparently.

But yeah.

Sausage Party's trailer looked alright. Basically living food being maimed horribly. The idea of anthropomorphising food is somewhat clever for a dark comedy. Of course, if it's just a bunch of sex jokes and food orgies, then its safe to say that Rogen had no idea what to do with the premise after finding it wherever he did.

Kind of like Sandler's studio finding the Pixels video premise and then doing fuck all with it.

I just saw a commercial for the new ghost busters on tv and they show positive comments from reviewers like the new york times, and the comments they had to say where literally things like "Girls Rule" (This was an actual quote)

Any ways its safe to say that critics are giving it good scores to avoid being called out as sexist. (Melissa McCarthy literally said that the people voting down the trailer are 40 year old virgins living in their moms basement.)

Doominator2 said:

(Melissa McCarthy literally said that the people voting down the trailer are 40 year old virgins living in their moms basement.)

Jokes on her, I'm <13 and don't have a basement.

Clonehunter said:

Sausage Party's trailer looked alright. Basically living food being maimed horribly. The idea of anthropomorphising food is somewhat clever for a dark comedy. Of course, if it's just a bunch of sex jokes and food orgies, then its safe to say that Rogen had no idea what to do with the premise after finding it wherever he did.

You're entitled to your opinion and all, but I didn't even crack a smile at any joke in that trailer. The idea of living food has been done too many times already and I don't know what anybody could really do with it to make it funny again. Even if the whole movie was more dark comedy along the lines of the food getting eaten and trying to survive like they showed a few times in the trailer, it still wouldn't be funny to me. It's such an easy joke to make and it's nowhere near good enough to base a movie's entire plot off of.

LittleInferno said:

Jokes on her, I'm <13 and don't have a basement.

So you're younger than 13? These forums are 13+, kid, go away!