Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MortisCausaDonatio

Finish or not? (Pollution.wad)

I started a proyect back to april.
The main goal is Boom compatable DooM mapset (8+1 maps)where the maps are takes place in an abandoned UAC water research institute.

The finished maps are map01 and map07
It uses textures from cc4-tex and NMTEXT1 (They are in the file so thats why the wad is more than 10mb.)

I would like to ask you what should I improve? Or I need to throw it in the dustbin?
Wad:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vo5jb1mesl01tkg/Pollution.wad?dl=0
screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/nr7p4

Sorry for the bad english.

Just one question.

If it's for DooM, why is there a Mancubus? Otherwise definitely finish it, it looks grandiose and tasty.

Most important thing is to test it in prBoom+ -cl 9, because you have a lot of ZDoomisms that break the levels. Couldn't make progress in map07 because of a zero-tagged SR door for example.

Hey you do nice work! Would definitely recommend either keeping at it or starting with something fresh. You could save a backup of this and delete everything except your favorite parts and build a new map around them.

I haven't played but the screenshots look like you got the hang of making a nice looking map.

I liked the design of both maps. The combat in the first could've been better though, too many shooting gallery areas where you open a door and only have to shoot enemies in front of you. The second was better in having monsters come at you from various directions and forcing you to move.

I had issues with some enemies being set to deaf and not noticing me at all, especially early on in the first map. Another were the multiple voodoo dolls in the second map. What's the deal with those? Plenty of textures on the sides of doors not being set to lower unpegged as well.