Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mordecai32

The Night Sentinels Full Story based on codex entries

"Some people seem to keep making assumptions about these guys, so I got the full story. This is a long TL;DR from the codex and beastiary. As well as some extra info in the strings.
The Sentinels are ancient soldiers in hell, along with the Doomslayer. They have all died, but Doomslayer was the leader of them. In the Slayer's Testament, it says that "he wears the crown of the Night's Sentinels." There has also only been one Titan that's known. The Great One, the one that Doomslayer fought on the Desolate Plains. Also he was trapped by the dark priests. They aren't legendary, they serve the Doomslayer.
Continued:
Doomslayer and the Sentinels protect the Elemental Wraiths. When the Slayer and the Sentinels were under attack, with their enemies trying to slay the Wraiths, The Night Sentinels stood strong against their legions. They were empowered by the Wraith energy. The Sentinels would have won, if it wasn't for Deag Gray. Deag Gray is a hell priest. They had struck a deal, they would give the Wraiths in exchange for The Betrayers only son (Doomslayer's son? I suppose he has a son, because they call him The Betrayer). As The Betrayer lead Deag Gray to the Wraiths, he consumed their power to make The Well. Once The Well was formed, The City of Argent fell under the control of the Hell Priests. When The Betrayer got his son back, it wasn't his son. The Priests transformed his son into The Icon of Sin.
The Icon of Sin attacked swift and mercilessly, and destroyed Argent D'Nur."

This post is from /r/doomleaks, courtesy of "ItsZexxy."

I am really loving how they implemented the story here, you can just play the game if you don't care about it, if you do, you can read about the backstory on the codex entries.

The betrayer and the doom slayer are both different characters. Have you pñayed the game and read the codex? Or the scriptures?

HellVain said:

The betrayer and the doom slayer are both different characters. Have you pñayed the game and read the codex? Or the scriptures?

I played the game literally the second it launched here, i just didn't bother to read the codex entries for characters, i mostly read the ones for weapons and monsters.

this thread has the FULL STORY and by that we mean half quoted in-game texts, conjecture, and misinterpretation!